• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Didn't the first Kingsmen with SLJ also have a progressive bad guy? He wanted to have humanity kill each other off so we could save ourselves from global warming.

Supremely rich bad guys have always been a theme in Hollywood. Now that the supremely rich are the hippies and their kids, it is inevitable that some bad guys are going to be left of center.

mass murder to support malthusian fever dreams is progressive now?

I was referring more to this part of your post:

"And progressive bad guys are an emerging trend."

That's what my post was asking about. You seemed more interested in how Netflix was catering to Republican audiences and redirected the conversation that way.

I didn't recognize the Jordan allusion. Not familiar with it

Who are progressive bad guys marketing to if not Republicans audiences?

Look up “Republicans buy sneakers too” for context.

mass murder to support malthusian fever dreams is progressive now?

in this right wing symbolic economy? absolutely

AOC would kill your grandpappy in a second to save the planet she said it i read it on Parler

Who are progressive bad guys marketing to if not Republicans audiences?

Look up “Republicans buy sneakers too” for context.
That's the thing, I didn't say a word about marketing. I was talking about a movie trope.

Watched a documentary the other day on Netflix called Spitfire: The Plane that Saved the World. Thought it was great. The Spitfire is a pretty awesome plane, maybe my second fav to the P-51.

liking We are the Champions

It’s been a good show to have on while exercising in the basement. The hot pepper one was nuts. I grew Carolina reapers one year in the garden then either gave them all away or composted them because they were so goddamn hot and unusable.

Watched a documentary the other day on Netflix called Spitfire: The Plane that Saved the World. Thought it was great. The Spitfire is a pretty awesome plane, maybe my second fav to the P-51.

beautiful plane; lines certainly rival the Mustang if not surpass.

this doc nomenclature follows the new favorite for WW2 topics - "[Thing in ww2] - the thing that saved the world"

The Grinch Musical on NBC is fucking terrible. Good lord, this first hour has felt 5 years long, and why is Mr Shoe from Glee making the Grinch sexual? Ugh.

I just saw Spitfire as well, thanks to wfudkn. Good doc. Personally I go with the Me-262 for favorite design.

MDMH’s dick grew three sizes last night.

Alternately:

Moms everywhere perk up. Like instinctively knowing your kid is doing something wrong because its too quiet?

MDMH’s dick grew three sizes last night.

I was watching it with my daughter while my wife is rehearsing for a Christmas pageant. kids obsessed with the Grinch right now. Then I came to find out that my wife had already watched it with her that day while I was at work. Just a miserable experience.

Sure, but they don't usually make movies.

You don't think these anti-progressive subtexts in low-budget action flicks are unusual? It was more than the usual macho army-and-guns-are-cool stuff.

Yep 100% conservatives hijacking hollywood to push conservative messaging.

Yep 100% conservatives hijacking hollywood to push conservative messaging.

Low budget action films aren’t “Hollywood” in the traditional sense, they’re often financed by individuals and small one-off production companies, and they’re often filmed in southern states & locations with low production costs and business friendly tax incentives. So yes, it’s far more likely that a smaller film production is going to have a more conservative slant, just as a smaller production might have a far more liberal/leftist slant. Most of the major Christian film releases are financed by mega churches.

Last edited:
Back