• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

the wife and i recently started to watch New Girl and it has some really funny parts. it is worth a look if you are in need...but might need to give it 2-3 (20 min) episodes to really get the characters.

the wife and i recently started to watch New Girl and it has some really funny parts. it is worth a look if you are in need...but might need to give it 2-3 (20 min) episodes to really get the characters.

New Girl is great. We loved it

Top Boy on Netflix is like the UK version of The Wire. First season was solid - they're meant to be filming another once COVID allows.

The Stand on CBS All Access looks promising. From the first episode, it looks like they will spend at least the first few episodes each on a different small group of characters, and bring them together somewhere at the midpoint of the series.

Also, they do cuss on CBS All Access. Was afraid they wouldn't when I started my trial for this series.

Second episode continues this trend. After being disappointed in Season 4 of Fargo, I can't recommend this enough if you are a Stephen King fan. If you haven't read the book, the dream sequences/flashbacks might come off a little disjointed, but it may still be good.

Tell me a little more, because The Stand is probably my favorite SK book. How is the writing and acting?

Cobra Kai Season 3 dropping on January 1 instead of January 8.

Tell me a little more, because The Stand is probably my favorite SK book. How is the writing and acting?

Both look good so far. I don't necessarily consider myself an acting connoisseur, but it's a clear improvement over the miniseries that aired a few decades ago. I particularly like what they are doing with Flagg, and Skarsgard has played it well. A lesser show would just try to turn him into Trump or something. I like what they are doing with the Harold character so far as well.

Definitely recommend if you have read and liked the book. If you haven't, the time ordering of the scenes/dreams might be a little weird to you.

Last edited:
Meanwhile I am about halfway through s1 of Mr Mercedes. Probably not worth a watch even though Brendan Gleason is awesome. Pretty faithful retelling but still not a great adaptation.

Top Boy on Netflix is like the UK version of The Wire. First season was solid - they're meant to be filming another once COVID allows.

Did you watch the “real” first 2 seasons? They did 2 seasons with 4 episodes each starting in 2011 on British television. They’re billing it as a “first” season on Netflix cuz it was original content for them. Look under “Top Boy Summerhouse” or something to that effect...

Did you watch the “real” first 2 seasons? They did 2 seasons with 4 episodes each starting in 2011 on British television. They’re billing it as a “first” season on Netflix cuz it was original content for them. Look under “Top Boy Summerhouse” or something to that effect...

Had no idea until I mentioned this to a friend from the UK today. He said the first 2 seasons are much better, but not as polished. Will have a look.

Yeah, there’s a discernible difference in production quality between the first 2 seasons and the newest Netflix season...gives a deeper dive in the main characters’ backgrounds tho.

After binging prior seasons, The Expanse is killing me with their weekly release schedule this season. Great season so far, I recently found out this is the penultimate one.

After binging prior seasons, The Expanse is killing me with their weekly release schedule this season. Great season so far, I recently found out this is the penultimate one.

They're only signed up to do 6 seasons, but depending on the pacing, they could do at least 3 more given that the 9th and final book will be released next year. The 5th season (current one and corresponds with the 5th book) is my favorite , but 7 and 8 are my 2nd and 3rd favorites, so hopefully they don't cut out those plot lines. I suppose they could squish 5 and 6 into this season, then try and do books 7, 8 and 9 in the final season, but that would be pretty tragic.

Soul on Disney+ is really good.

Much better than I thought it would be.

We watched this yesterday and I thought it was great. I haven't watched a lot of Disney/Pixar movies, but it's ones like this that make me think I should check out some of the ones I've missed.

Finished S2 of Ramy last night. S2 was definitely more serious and heavy than S1, but I still enjoyed it. We then started Everything's Gonna Be Okay and I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be fun.

How to with John Wilson on HBO is pretty great. First person handheld documentary style half hour comedy/self help? Not gonna be for everyone but I’m really enjoying it.

Back