• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

The Other Dream Team. Very good documentary on Lithuanian basketball in the 90s and when they broke apart from the USSR. Very good.

Some good movies and shows I have seen:

Serenity
Ip Man 1 & 2
Butter
War of Arrows
Ironclad
Arn
Dragon
Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zen
Battle Royale
MI5
The Tudors

The Other Dream Team. Very good documentary on Lithuanian basketball in the 90s and when they broke apart from the USSR. Very good.

Watched it the other night. Sabonis is that dude. Loved the whole Grateful Dead angle.

Gervais fans, "Derek" is now on Netflix. I'm commencing watching in 3...2........

Gervais fans, "Derek" is now on Netflix. I'm commencing watching in 3...2........

Dude. Thanks for the tip. I had not heard of this show but really enjoyed the two episodes I watched last night.

Couldn't get into "Brick." The writing was so awkward and stilted.

Was pleasantly surprised with "It's a Disaster" with David Cross and Julia Stiles. I had low expectations given the genre and plot synopsis, but I ended up laughing a lot.

Dude. Thanks for the tip. I had not heard of this show but really enjoyed the two episodes I watched last night.
I think it's great but I started it thinking it was a comedy and the first episode is bleak.
Couldn't get into "Brick." The writing was so awkward and stilted.
I really like Brick. Rian Johnson's take on old pulp crime noir is pretty interesting IMO

Watched the first 3 eps of Orange Is The New Black yesterday. Man they really hook you in with the titties in the first 5 minutes and then it all seems to go away. I like the way they're fleshing out the character backstories. Writing seems to be improving with each episode.

I just started watching Longmire and I really like it. 5 episodes in, and it's a damn good procedural with some untapped potential in its running backstory.

I just started watching Longmire and I really like it. 5 episodes in, and it's a damn good procedural with some untapped potential in its running backstory.

I watched the whole first season in about 4 days. It was really the first time I had used Netflix to watch tv shows. I'm hooked on that show now and they need to hurry up and get the second season up.

Another show on there that I would recommend, if you don't already watch it, is Hell on Wheels. I had someone recommend it to me two weeks ago and I started watching it last Monday. I ended up going through all 20 episodes (two seasons) by this past Monday. Now eagerly awaiting the third season of that to be added.

I watched the whole first season in about 4 days. It was really the first time I had used Netflix to watch tv shows. I'm hooked on that show now and they need to hurry up and get the second season up.

Another show on there that I would recommend, if you don't already watch it, is Hell on Wheels. I had someone recommend it to me two weeks ago and I started watching it last Monday. I ended up going through all 20 episodes (two seasons) by this past Monday. Now eagerly awaiting the third season of that to be added.

3rd season is about 3/4s done at the moment. Netflix will usually add new seasons about a week before the next season comes out so when the next season comes out, set your DVRs for the new season and you can get a double dose.

I watch Hell On Wheels, but feel like it has largely gone nowhere.

Watched "Everything Must Go" and really liked it. Will Ferrell in a serious role. It's a little quirky but I like movies like that. Reminded me of "Larry Crowe" with Tom Hanks which I also liked. (Don't know if Larry Crowe is available on Netlix)

Back