Page 220 of 231 FirstFirst ... 120170210215216217218219220221222223224225230 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 4602

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I need to go through this thread again. We are hitting a damn wall with no new movies and shows coming out.

The shows that do come out are all trying to weave Covid into the story line which I’m trying to get a break from.
    Hungry

There’s nothing groundbreaking about Ted Lasso but something about him is incredibly relatable and the show is easy to laugh & smile at, especially in these times.

For all of Barstool’s faults as a company, this website (https://www.movierankings.net/) has become one of my most visited. Has a good database to find movies that interest you based on genre, year, length, actor, producer, etc.

The kid storylines in Cobra Kai are just wrestling plots

Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    The kid storylines in Cobra Kai are just wrestling plots
    Good way to put it. I just finished s3 and while I'll file it in the "enjoyed it" category, I definitely got much more out of the adult threads than anything going on with the teens.

The main thing I got from this season is the realization that there are 2 different actresses with the name "Peyton List" working today.

Bernie Eskimo Bro
    Should I be embarrassed to admit I'm really enjoying Supernatural? I didn't know it was created by Eric Kripke (The Boys), and Kim Manners of X-Files produced and often directed in the early seasons. I even spotted William B. Davis (the CSM) in an episode, and a spiritual successor to Pusher.

Haven't watched Ted lasso but watched the detectorists a few years ago and it sounds like it had a similar feel good, delightful, sort of vibe.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    Watched a movies on Prime last night called Feast of the Seven Fishes. I thought it was excellent. Absolutely recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by IamThunderbolt View Post
    No, but there’s a seven day free trial. Very bingeable, so you can knock it out in a weekend easy.
    and the Tom Hanks movie Greyhound too...only an hour and a half, goes quick. Not going to win an Oscar or anything, but it's solid.

If you get a new Apple product it comes with a free year of AppleTV+

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    Haven't watched Ted lasso but watched the detectorists a few years ago and it sounds like it had a similar feel good, delightful, sort of vibe.
    I very much enjoyed the Detectorists.
    beer and titties

Had really low expectations for Ted Lasso based on Sudeikis’s accent in the trailer, but I ended up loving it. Another good British show on Apple TV is “Trying”.
    Draxx them sklounst

I just finished the first episode of Steve McQueen's "Small Axe" ("Mangrove") on Prime. It is, as one would expect, excellent. Letetia Wright plays a member of the Black Panthers.

On to the next one...

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Had really low expectations for Ted Lasso based on Sudeikis’s accent in the trailer, but I ended up loving it. Another good British show on Apple TV is “Trying”.
    I remember when the Ted Lasso character was created as an ad campaign for Premier League Soccer on NBC. It was a silly gag at best even in little 2 minute increments. I had zero faith in the idea of it transmitting into a successful tv series. I was pleasantly proven wrong. It is surprisingly endearing, and charming while blending together a perfect amount of dry and slapstick humor. One of my favorite new shows. I hope Apple TV throws more production funding into the future seasons, as this show has the bones to be special.
    beer and titties

cookout = blabbermouth?
    Started watching Bridgerton last night. My wife LOVES it so far. It's very much on brand for her. I think it's pretty fun and should be entertaining for 8 eps.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    We've also watched five of the History of Swear Words eps. Only have Damn left. I've really enjoyed it. I think Fuck was probably the best. This role is PERFECT for Nic Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by wfudkn View Post
    We've also watched five of the History of Swear Words eps. Only have Damn left. I've really enjoyed it. I think Fuck was probably the best. This role is PERFECT for Nic Cage.
    I watched a couple eps and was underwhelmed. The history consists of 1 minute of history, 10 minutes of modern usage, and 10 minutes of woke examination of the word's use. It's like a bad VH1 special.

It's a shame too. The idea had me pretty excited at the possibilities.

Watched a $0.99 movie on Redbox streaming called “Save yourselves!”. Low budget funny movie.

"The Promise" is much better than anticipated. The trailer doesn't do it justice.

Just finished season one of THE ALIENIST. Dang, it's like that shit was made for me. Fin de siecle detective fiction serial killer investigations. Love it