• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I watched a couple eps and was underwhelmed. The history consists of 1 minute of history, 10 minutes of modern usage, and 10 minutes of woke examination of the word's use. It's like a bad VH1 special.

It's a shame too. The idea had me pretty excited at the possibilities.

It did make me think after the explanations, is “Karen”’ just the pretentious woke word for bitch?

It did make me think after the explanations, is “Karen”’ just the pretentious woke word for bitch?

Not really. It’s more representative of white women’s privilege.

Wife and I were looking for something light/easy watching and sort of randomly ended up putting on Jane the Virgin. And it's pretty good! I mean completely absurd, and self aware about it, but very fun so far.

Started watching Bridgerton last night. My wife LOVES it so far. It's very much on brand for her. I think it's pretty fun and should be entertaining for 8 eps.

Yeah, women love their fancy British history soap operas. My wife will watch anything with powdered wigs and romantic intrigue

Finished up Letterkenny and enjoyed the fuck out of that show. Will watch again for sure. Also watched Littlekenny, which was a missed opportunity but still worth the aggregate 20-25 minutes or so.

This is kind of an atypical show for this thread, but I started watching Superstore (it's on Hulu) a few weeks back. It is surprisingly good! Really good!

I've also been watching Better Things on Hulu. I'm halfway through season 2. It's OK - does it get better?

My wife and I were looking for a mindless one-off documentary to watch last night and stumbled upon The Legend of Cocaine Island. Interesting cast of characters and a pretty unbelievable true story. Oh, Florida.

My wife and I were looking for a mindless one-off documentary to watch last night and stumbled upon The Legend of Cocaine Island. Interesting cast of characters and a pretty unbelievable true story. Oh, Florida.

the Wikipedia summary of this movie is really something

"A man goes looking for cocaine on Culebra, an island of Puerto Rico. Some cops (undercover) offer to help by taking the map and getting the coke in exchange for a quarter. The cops (still undercover) send the man a picture of a hole with a bag in it, implying that cocaine is in the bag. They ask the man to come to a parking lot to give him his cut. At this time they arrest him for conspiracy."

This is kind of an atypical show for this thread, but I started watching Superstore (it's on Hulu) a few weeks back. It is surprisingly good! Really good!

I've also been watching Better Things on Hulu. I'm halfway through season 2. It's OK - does it get better?

Superstore is one of my favorite shows the past few years - great writing and ensemble cast, plus they work in a lot of leftist politics

Finished up Letterkenny and enjoyed the fuck out of that show. Will watch again for sure. Also watched Littlekenny, which was a missed opportunity but still worth the aggregate 20-25 minutes or so.

Letterkenny is a great show. 100% Berta Beef. S&P. Chargrill 2 minutes a side. Down the hatch.

Back