• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Good God, the Killing of a Sacred Deer is a brutal watch. Ooof. Really good, though.

of the Yorgos Lanthimos films:

The Lobster
The Favourite
Killing of a Sacred Deer
Dogtooth

the rest of them

Superstore is one of my favorite shows the past few years - great writing and ensemble cast, plus they work in a lot of leftist politics

Agreed on all accounts. It's really well-written.

I watched the episode last night where Amy and Jonah go to the corporate annual meeting and interact with the executive d-bags that hate the floor workers. The show does a great job of mixing in political messages in not completely overt ways.

of the Yorgos Lanthimos films:

The Lobster
The Favourite
Killing of a Sacred Deer
Dogtooth

the rest of them

I've seen bits and pieces of the Favourite, and about half of the Lobster. I need to find time to start and finish both.

Is Superstore an "it gets better show"? I watched the first episode and didn't even give a courtesy chuckle at any point. The list is long of comedy debuts that landed with a thud but found a groove but there's an even longer list of comedies that just don't jibe with me. Just trying to figure out where Superstore lies on that spectrum without investing too much time into it.

Is Superstore an "it gets better show"? I watched the first episode and didn't even give a courtesy chuckle at any point. The list is long of comedy debuts that landed with a thud but found a groove but there's an even longer list of comedies that just don't jibe with me. Just trying to figure out where Superstore lies on that spectrum without investing too much time into it.

We're on Season 3 of Schitt's Creek and the first couple episodes were quite meh, but then it became awesome. My wife didn't join me until the beginning of Season 2 and she loves the show now. We normally watch them in the morning (while she's feeding or pumping) or on the weekends. Great 22 min watch.

Maybe. It doesn't take long to hit its groove, though. I agree with Brasky that Schitts Creek took a few episodes. Parks & Rec took a full season.

We're on Season 3 of Schitt's Creek and the first couple episodes were quite meh, but then it became awesome. My wife didn't join me until the beginning of Season 2 and she loves the show now. We normally watch them in the morning (while she's feeding or pumping) or on the weekends. Great 22 min watch.

I think we are on Season 3 or 4 but have slowed down a bit.

I bailed on Schitt's Creek after like five or so seasons, got old

the dude that plays Patrick is a distractingly bad actor

The Expanse is killing it this season (5).

That is all.

Watched "Solo" on Netflix last night. Subtitles. Limited dialogue. Another example of real life exceeding creativity. Highly recommend.

Watched 'Assassins' on Amazon last night. A documentary about the murder of Kim Jong-un's half brother. Very compelling...

Anybody else been counting the days 'till THE DIG? Came out today on Netflix and it was beautiful. Ralph Fiennes, Carey Mulligan, and Lily James. Digging in the dirt in Suffolk. My kind of movie

Anybody else been counting the days 'till THE DIG? Came out today on Netflix and it was beautiful. Ralph Fiennes, Carey Mulligan, and Lily James. Digging in the dirt in Suffolk. My kind of movie

I watched it last night. Enjoyed every minute. Another based on real life winner.

Back