• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Starting schitts creek and currently at the beginning of season 2. Hard to say what my favorite part is but it might be Moira’s absurd accent and pronunciation of random words. Pretty sure Catherine O’Hara must be making up the accent as she goes which makes it funnier.

The way Alexis says “David!” makes me laugh every single time

Forgot to mention a while ago, but if you’re one of the many checking out The Expanse now, the actor who plays Amos (Wes Chatham) and one of the authors (Ty Frank) host The Expanse Aftershow on Prime and YouTube. It only covers season 5, but it gives some great insights into both the books and the show. Each episode has show runners and other actors as guests, and lasts about 30 minutes apiece. It’s definitely worth watching, although done via zoom, if you’re a big fan.

The title is a direct reference to his other show Kevin Can Wait. I didn’t know anything about but it looks pretty dark. They killed off his wife at the end of the first season and brought Leah Remini who played his wife in King of Queens in the second season.

The title is a direct reference to his other show Kevin Can Wait. I didn’t know anything about but it looks pretty dark. They killed off his wife at the end of the first season and brought Leah Remini who played his wife in King of Queens in the second season.

The article I read earlier said that move directly killed the show's ratings and led to it being canceled.

Yeah. Not sure who the fans are for a show like that but props to them for not tolerating it.

Yeah. Not sure who the fans are for a show like that but props to them for not tolerating it.

I was thinking the same thing. Who in the world is watching Kevin James, or cable sitcoms in general, and getting up and arms about a cast change after 1 season?

I'm not sure how much of this is taking aim at Kevin James in particular, or just the status quo of cable sitcoms. James has always seemed like a harmless, family friendly comedian to me. So hopefully the sights are appropriately set and unwarranted backlash isn't sparked. I think the real beef here is with cable network lineups.

Last edited:
Really can’t recommend For All Mankind enough. The first two episodes are okay, but the show really picks up in episode 3.

Really can’t recommend For All Mankind enough. The first two episodes are okay, but the show really picks up in episode 3.

Google tells me that's from Ronald D. Moore. You have my attention...

I'll definitely be checking this out.

Nomadland was good. I loved the book, which often means the movie will disappoint. I have seen some criticism that the movie de-emphasizes negatives of the nomad life, but I think it was fair based on the impressions of my wife who did not read the book.

Has anyone checked out Condor on Prime/Epix yet? The original "Six Days of the Condor" (for which its based) was excellent back in the 70's.

Back