Page 227 of 231 FirstFirst ... 127177217222223224225226227228229230231 LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4602

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

  1. #4521
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,178
    Irrationally excited for the Notorious BIG documentary that comes out on Monday.

    Last edited by DeacsATS; 02-26-2021 at 12:01 PM.

  2. #4522
    Primary OGB Benefactor
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    39,950
    ^^


  3. #4523
    We watched "I Care A Lot" and really enjoyed it! Easy to hate characters all around in this one! Makes me wonder how true of a portrayal of some of the guardian programs and assisted living centers.

  4. #4524
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    siff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Duchy of Cabarrus
    Posts
    17,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsurfer View Post
    We watched "I Care A Lot" and really enjoyed it! Easy to hate characters all around in this one! Makes me wonder how true of a portrayal of some of the guardian programs and assisted living centers.
    Watched it last night, definitely entertaining.

  5. #4525
    Night Stalker is good, for true crime fans.

    Pure evil.

  6. #4526
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Night Stalker is good, for true crime fans.

    Pure evil.
    Yeah we liked this one as well. Pretty graphic though.

  7. #4527
    I have just finished the limited seven part series "Godless". Undoubtedly, the finest Western since "Lonesome Dove". Quite possibly the best Western ever produced.

  8. #4528
    I should try out Night Stalker, it seems like something I'd like, but I'm always mad when I see the name and realize it's not the real Night Stalker, which was X-Files a couple decades before X-Files.

  9. #4529
    Steve Lepore TripleDeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsurfer View Post
    We watched "I Care A Lot" and really enjoyed it! Easy to hate characters all around in this one! Makes me wonder how true of a portrayal of some of the guardian programs and assisted living centers.
    We watched it this weekend. It was entertaining but it got a bit ridiculous about half way through. Pike's character needed a better back story to support her quick pivot from attorney to SEAL Team 6 action film star.

  10. #4530
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Irrationally excited for the Notorious BIG documentary that comes out on Monday.

    Pretty good, I guess. I don't know, I had higher hopes.

  11. #4531
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Paint
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    We watched it this weekend. It was entertaining but it got a bit ridiculous about half way through. Pike's character needed a better back story to support her quick pivot from attorney to SEAL Team 6 action film star.
    Yeah and they never really explained why Judge Clay Davis kept signing off. It was meh, I'll give it a 6

  12. #4532
    We randomly watched Lucky Logan on Saturday night and it was p good if you can get over the terrible WV/NC accents.

  13. #4533
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Medlin View Post
    Yeah and they never really explained why Judge Clay Davis kept signing off. It was meh, I'll give it a 6
    I initially thought he was in on it, but he was just a lazy ass judge who bought whatever Pike was selling. I didn't feel like it needed explanation. I really enjoyed it, one of the better new movies I've seen recently.

  14. #4534
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,938
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    We randomly watched Lucky Logan on Saturday night and it was p good if you can get over the terrible WV/NC accents.
    Agreed. Underrated flick. It's Logan Lucky though.
    Last edited by Shooshmoo; 03-03-2021 at 10:37 AM.

  15. #4535
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    We watched it this weekend. It was entertaining but it got a bit ridiculous about half way through. Pike's character needed a better back story to support her quick pivot from attorney to SEAL Team 6 action film star.
    It definitely was entertaining but I thought they made some bold choices with the whole no redeemable characters thing. The part you're talking about is when the "good guy" usually starts to win but you still hate her and want her to die. I was thinking maybe there could have been a way to make her a sympathetic victim and then reveal that she's really evil at the end. I guess it worked for what it was though.

  16. #4536
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    We watched it this weekend. It was entertaining but it got a bit ridiculous about half way through. Pike's character needed a better back story to support her quick pivot from attorney to SEAL Team 6 action film star.
    She didn't really do asskicking if you think about it.

    I thought it was good for what it was-- a Netflix original (or was it Prime? Can't remember). Good acting, so-so story. I liked that everybody was a POS in it, which made it stand out more than it otherwise would have.

  17. #4537
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,178
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackjackMc View Post
    I have just finished the limited seven part series "Godless". Undoubtedly, the finest Western since "Lonesome Dove". Quite possibly the best Western ever produced.
    Started this tonight based on this post.

    Donít let me down.

  18. #4538
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,178
    Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    Pretty good, I guess. I don't know, I had higher hopes.
    Yeah. Watched it this morning. Just OK. Weird pacing.

  19. #4539
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Started this tonight based on this post.

    Donít let me down.
    Yeah, I'm gonna try to take a break from reading and start this over the weekend. Is it solid? Westerns are my shit, bro.

  20. #4540
    I wonder who had the idea for Peter Dinklage to just do Jack Dorsey cosplay in I Care a Lot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •