• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Definitely enjoyed Godless. I'd put it in the "really good" category, maybe not quite the "awesome" category.

We watched Your Honor using a 30 day trial of Showtime through Amazon. It was pretty good.

Some frustrating parts of the story line but overall really enjoyed it.

We are now onto the final season of Homeland while we still have the free trial.

My wife is hooked on Godless after the first episode... So that's good. Means we'll at least finish it (unlike Lupid, where we've been stuck in the middle of the 2nd episode for a week now).

So I watched the first three episodes of Men in Kilts on Starz and decided I would watch Outlander and have enjoyed the first few episodes. Season 5 is out on Starz.

My wife loves Outlander. She’s watched every season twice and read the books since the pandemic started.

Coming 2 America was not good. Eddie and Arsenio were pretty good, but too much other stuff that wasn't.

Good film. Beautiful animation. Nice story. Fun characters. Well done action scenes. Not one of my favorite Disney films but glad we paid $30 to watch it at home.

Good film. Beautiful animation. Nice story. Fun characters. Well done action scenes. Not one of my favorite Disney films but glad we paid $30 to watch it at home.

Yeah, you said it better than me.

Watched it last night with me 4 & 6 yo girls. Made a huge thing of popcorn and turned the sound up loud. They loved it.

We used to watch one or two Disney/Pixar films a day when my boys were that age. Now they rarely want to watch movies. My 8 year old was excited to watch Raya and Tom & Jerry so we watched them back to back and just made a night out of it.

Most of the film was completed during the pandemic by animators working from home. A friend’s husband is a lighting animator who has worked on every recent Disney film. They have a 1 year old and he did it all from their home office. The lead, Kelly Marie Tran, said she recorded most of her lines from her closet.

Pretty amazing to do a film about a divided land during a divided pandemic.

Tom & Jerry was good for what it was. They managed to pack a lot of classic gags into that film. My wife was stunned by how violent it was even though she watched it as a kid.

Last edited:
Murder among the Mormons on Netflix is really good. Had no idea about the backstory, but it’s crazy to think he could have kept it going undetected if he didn’t get over his head.

We are through 5 of 7 Godless episodes. It is so good. Not sure how I missed it when it first came out.

Also, semi-related, interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about how we're about to see a ton of Westerns because they are easy/cheap to shoot in a COVID-19 world. Some of these projects should be pretty high profile.

Finally, does anyone watch Yellowstone? Was thinking of starting that next... Heard the 1st season was just OK, but that it takes off from there.

We are through 5 of 7 Godless episodes. It is so good. Not sure how I missed it when it first came out.

Also, semi-related, interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about how we're about to see a ton of Westerns because they are easy/cheap to shoot in a COVID-19 world. Some of these projects should be pretty high profile.

Finally, does anyone watch Yellowstone? Was thinking of starting that next... Heard the 1st season was just OK, but that it takes off from there.

My parents and in-laws loved it, so if you think CBS is the pinnacle of all human artistic achievement, you'll probably dig it.

Yellowstone is incredible.

Just be prepared to want to move to Montana.

My parents and in-laws loved it, so if you think CBS is the pinnacle of all human artistic achievement, you'll probably dig it.

Yeah, that was my wife's concern.

It was never really on CBS... It was on "Paramount" and now CBS All-Access/Paramount+

But I get your point.

Back