Page 229 of 231 FirstFirst ... 129179219224225226227228229230231 LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 4602

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

  1. #4561
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Coming 2 America was not good. Eddie and Arsenio were pretty good, but too much other stuff that wasn't.

    this is where i ended up. i enjoyed seeing the old jokes come back but a lot of the new stuff was just meh.
    8645

  2. #4562
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    We are through 5 of 7 Godless episodes. It is so good. Not sure how I missed it when it first came out.

    Also, semi-related, interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about how we're about to see a ton of Westerns because they are easy/cheap to shoot in a COVID-19 world. Some of these projects should be pretty high profile.

    Finally, does anyone watch Yellowstone? Was thinking of starting that next... Heard the 1st season was just OK, but that it takes off from there.


    i am a fan of yellowstone. it is definitely worth a look...just the views are worth it.
    8645

  3. #4563
    Quote Originally Posted by warak View Post
    i am a fan of yellowstone. it is definitely worth a look...just the views are worth it.
    Yellowstone is great. First season is good too, but you have to get past the first few eps with the character development. Costner's daughter in particular is a hard sell because she is so over the top. But then you learn to enjoy her scenes and trying to guess how she is going to fuck somebody over. The whole thing is pretty crazy. Like 80s schmaltzy Dynasty soap opera mixed with Sopranos, and I really thought the finale this last season was ridiculous even in a show full of ridiculousness, but it's a fun slog and Costner is not merely tolerable (I normally despise him), but perfect for the role. S4 should be a hoot.

    Edited to add that the first season is pretty much devoid of humor, which might be another reason it suffers a bit. My wife said she always felt a sense of constant impending doom or dread in S1. There is a bit more comic relief in the next few seasons.

  4. #4564
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    We are through 5 of 7 Godless episodes. It is so good. Not sure how I missed it when it first came out.

    Also, semi-related, interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about how we're about to see a ton of Westerns because they are easy/cheap to shoot in a COVID-19 world. Some of these projects should be pretty high profile.

    Finally, does anyone watch Yellowstone? Was thinking of starting that next... Heard the 1st season was just OK, but that it takes off from there.
    Good to read you have enjoyed Godless.

    I have watched Yellowstone since it started. One of the few shows I follow. Never miss it. Enjoyable. It has similarities to the Soprano's. Underdog 1% vs. Villainous 1%, quite a premise to base a plot on.

  5. #4565
    Murder Among The Mormons was solid. Only 3 eps, so you can go through the whole thing in a single night. And because of that, you don't feel like there is any wasted time. Lots of good contemporary footage from the incidents and investigations too. And because they interview a bunch of Mormons, the language isn't salty at all if you're offended by such things.

  6. #4566
    Yellowstone...it's compelling TV, but not good TV.

  7. #4567
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,178
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackjackMc View Post
    Good to read you have enjoyed Godless.

    I have watched Yellowstone since it started. One of the few shows I follow. Never miss it. Enjoyable. It has similarities to the Soprano's. Underdog 1% vs. Villainous 1%, quite a premise to base a plot on.
    We watched about 20 minutes of the Godless finale last night. I'm not sure I want to watch the rest. It's probably going to be sad. Or they'll fuck up the ending. Neither scenario is what I want. It is so good right where we stopped it last night (Roy & Bill crossing paths where all of the Quicksilver security guys took the horses).

  8. #4568
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    We watched about 20 minutes of the Godless finale last night. I'm not sure I want to watch the rest. It's probably going to be sad. Or they'll fuck up the ending. Neither scenario is what I want. It is so good right where we stopped it last night (Roy & Bill crossing paths where all of the Quicksilver security guys took the horses).
    Bittersweet finish but the end is calming. They stuck the landing.

  9. #4569
    Lame they deleted the Fireplace videos. Most of my tv watching time was spent on those

  10. #4570
    slow TV ftw
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  11. #4571
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Lame they deleted the Fireplace videos. Most of my tv watching time was spent on those
    Solution: set your tv on fire

  12. #4572
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Solution: set your tv on fire
    That only works the once

  13. #4573
    Ishmael Smith
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    4,890
    Seven years late but knocked out The Knick the past two weeks as a new arrival to HBOMax. Good show and a 3rd season should be filming soon

  14. #4574
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Yellowstone is great. First season is good too, but you have to get past the first few eps with the character development. Costner's daughter in particular is a hard sell because she is so over the top. But then you learn to enjoy her scenes and trying to guess how she is going to fuck somebody over. The whole thing is pretty crazy. Like 80s schmaltzy Dynasty soap opera mixed with Sopranos, and I really thought the finale this last season was ridiculous even in a show full of ridiculousness, but it's a fun slog and Costner is not merely tolerable (I normally despise him), but perfect for the role. S4 should be a hoot.

    Edited to add that the first season is pretty much devoid of humor, which might be another reason it suffers a bit. My wife said she always felt a sense of constant impending doom or dread in S1. There is a bit more comic relief in the next few seasons.
    I'm a Costner fan and bought the Peacock from this thread. watching the 4th episode now, but this show fucking delivers.

  15. #4575
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackjackMc View Post
    Bittersweet finish but the end is calming. They stuck the landing.
    agreed

  16. #4576
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Lame they deleted the Fireplace videos. Most of my tv watching time was spent on those
    Netflix only goes two seasons and then it's the axe - even if there isn't plot resolution.

  17. #4577
    Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    Netflix only goes two seasons and then it's the axe - even if there isn't plot resolution.
    I was getting burned out anyways. Time to log off.

  18. #4578
    Drive to Survive season 3 releases on Friday. The first two seasons have been very good, but this season has the added bonus of showing how to attempt an international sporting league during a pandemic. They have gotten good access to most of the teams in the past, so I'm definitely looking forward to this season.

  19. #4579
    Drive to survive is fucking awesome.

  20. #4580
    i'm enjoying the one

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •