• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Watched the first 3 eps of Orange Is The New Black yesterday. Man they really hook you in with the titties in the first 5 minutes and then it all seems to go away. I like the way they're fleshing out the character backstories. Writing seems to be improving with each episode.

I liked the show a lot more than I thought I was going to.

Laura Prepon (Alex Vause) has quit the show so will be interesting to see what happens > http://www.tvguide.com/news/orange-new-black-laura-prepon-alex-1069258.aspx

Check out Whisker Wars which documents the fledgling American competitive facial hair growing team as it prepares to dethrone the reigning Germans at the World Championships. You can't make this stuff up.

Willi_Chevalier_Jack_Passion_Whisker_Wars.jpg

Highly recommend the Herzog doc Happy People. Those are some badass dudes.

Fucking Werner Herzog. I guess I should have known this doc wouldn't be uplifting like Happy People, but just watched Into the Abyss. Not for the faint of heart.

Went looking for a horror movie to watch with the girlfriend and went with the Awakening. It was decent but they really had to stretch to turn 45 minutes of story into a 100 minute film. For those that have seen it, I thought the dollhouse stuff was creepy.

Special thanks to everyone who recommended Ip Man. That was incredible. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Is Ip Man 2 any good?

not on Netflix streaming, but I finally got around to getting in on DVD via Netflix. The Master. What a colossal piece of shit movie. I love Anderson's stuff, and this one is well filmed and acted, but just a giant turd of a film otherwise. One of the most pointless I've seen.

Must be nice to be rich as hell. I'm interested to see your reaction to blade runner.

Wait, dude has never seen Blade Runner??? For shame.

I kid of course. I wish I could go back and see Blade Runner for the first time. I envy people who haven't seen certain movies before. I would kill to be able to go back and see some movies for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, dude has never seen Blade Runner??? For shame.

I kid of course. I wish I could go back and see Blade Runner for the first time. I envy people who haven't seen certain movies before. I would kill to be able to go back and see some movies for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you'll hate me as I dislike Blade Runner. I appreciate that it was on the cutting edge in terms of digital cinematography, but it really does a disservice to the beauty of Philip K. Dick's creation. I encouraged Timdunk to read the book and then watch the movie. I was curious to see if he felt the same way I do about certain aspects of the movie.

Last edited:
Well you'll hate me as I dislike Blade Runner. I appreciate that it was on the cutting edge in terms of digital cinematography, but it really does a disservice to the beauty of Philip K. Dick's creation. I encouraged Timdunk to read the book and then watch the movie. I was curious to see if he felt the same way I do about certain aspects of the movie.
No hate, I don't think it's necessarily a masterpiece, but it is a visionary piece of art. Never read Dick's source material, so I can't comment on that angle.

Repeaters

It's Groundhog Day with drug addicts, crossed with Chronicle. As in, the first few "days" are all fun and games but then one of them gets carried away with the whole we-can-do-anything-we-want-now! thing. I thought it was really well made and interesting. Neat little time loop movie that doesn't make you think too hard.

Alright gents, this may have been mentioned before but it blew my mind today when I came across it. There is an easy way to bypass the country code restrictions for netflix and watch UK/Canada/Brazil etc. versions of netflix on your computer. This gets you different shows and movies, for instance, the newest Breaking Bad season is already up on the UK version as well as the entire Downton Abby series. May be HAAS, but cool stuff so I thought I would share.

http://internet.wonderhowto.com/how...ricted-netflix-show-from-any-country-0148245/

Back