• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Caught the first episode of Michael Che's new show on HBO Max. Solid stuff, and I'm almost always in the market for 20 - 30 minute comedies. The only problem is that it's tough to watch sketch comedy and not compare it to Chappelle Show, but that's just where the bar has been for nearly two decades.

Black Lady Sketch Show Season 2 started a few weeks ago.

Love, Death, and Robots Vol 2 drops on Netflix tomorrow. Vol 1 was hit or miss, but worth the watch.

Mare of Easttown on hbo is off to a great start... really like that show and SNL did a pretty funny spoof of it this weekend

Agree on both fronts.

Kate Winslet nailing the Philly accent is well worth it.

Depressing, yet compelling.

I I'm barely even past it, but the opening credits scene in Army of the Dead is better than anything Snyder did in any of his DC movies, and maybe any of his movies.

Agree on both fronts.

Kate Winslet nailing the Philly accent is well worth it.

Depressing, yet compelling.

Three episodes in and I'm surprised that I'm laughing as much as I am. Every character is absolutely miserable in this show. I like it when movies/shows are created like this, but they are a chore to sit through sometimes when there is really nobody to root for.

We watched Nobody last night on Prime and enjoyed it.

A poor man’s John Wick.

Three episodes in and I'm surprised that I'm laughing as much as I am. Every character is absolutely miserable in this show. I like it when movies/shows are created like this, but they are a chore to sit through sometimes when there is really nobody to root for.

It's got a really sharp sense of humor, I think, which I also wasn't expecting. I've gotten a solid 3-4 laughs out of every episode.

And then I finished ep 5 and sat in silence for a good 5 minutes.

It's got a really sharp sense of humor, I think, which I also wasn't expecting. I've gotten a solid 3-4 laughs out of every episode.

And then I finished ep 5 and sat in silence for a good 5 minutes.

The mom's affair getting called out at the funeral was hilarious - especially because Mare was laughing hysterically in the car.

The mom's affair getting called out at the funeral was hilarious - especially because Mare was laughing hysterically in the car.

Funniest part of the series, and one of the few times where the human side of the characters is shown in a flattering manner, even if the underlying cause is not so flattering.

I thought I was gonna binge the series, but apparently there is still at least one more episode left. I'm totally left hanging, wondering when the next episode is due.

And yeah, episode 5 was a bit unexpected.

I stumbled onto kind of a cool show last night called Most Dangerous Game. Its on the Roku Channel and has 15 episodes of about 7-9 minutes each so it ends up being about a 2 hour movie if you watch it straight through. It's kind of a modern update of the classic story. It ended up being kind of ridiculous but I COULD NOT stop watching. Each episode ends on a cliffhanger and it just sucks you in to keep watching since each episode is so short. The wife and I had fun second guessing the strategy used to play the game by both the hunters and the prey. So to recap: Is it good? No. Is it watchable? Hellz yeah!

saw an ad for it on my roku tv

has some notable cast members headlining -- is it the first big-ish budget move by Roku for their own content?

Anybody watch the Small Axe flicks on Amazon? They're five films directed by Steve McQueen (Widows, 12 Years A Slave, Hunger) that depict black Caribbean life in England in the 70s/80s. All of the films are great, but Lover's Rock and Education are truly incredible. I didn't know the story of Mangrove at all, but it's a good complement to The Trial of the Chicago 7.

E5 ends with a very Silence of the Lambs scene when they walk into dude’s house

Anybody watch the Small Axe flicks on Amazon? They're five films directed by Steve McQueen (Widows, 12 Years A Slave, Hunger) that depict black Caribbean life in England in the 70s/80s. All of the films are great, but Lover's Rock and Education are truly incredible. I didn't know the story of Mangrove at all, but it's a good complement to The Trial of the Chicago 7.

Haven't watched the entire series, but agree that Lover's Rock is great

"Army of the Dead" is the Zack Snyderiest movie that has ever Zack Snydered. You've been Snydered. I mean warned.

Back