• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

You guys watch the prequel?

<wait for it>

<waaaaait>

WKRP in ...

grabbed a couple months of Showtime cheap and I'm watching Kidding -- big fan so far

Late to the party but we just finished Season 2 of Cobra Kai. It's so cheesy but we love it. Kind of a crazy ending with the huge brawl in the school and all that. Looking forward to starting Season 3 soon

“The Matrix for older men, Harry Potter for Old Millennials who haven’t been reading the news much, and so forth.”

LOL. Great line.

We watched the first 4 eps of Solos last night and really enjoyed it. Will finish the last three tonight.

Watched all 6 episodes of the Nevers on HBO Max this weekend. I would recommend it for anyone who like Carnival Row or has a thing for Victorian England Sci-Fi. Because its a Whedon vehicle the final 6 episodes may never come to pass, but it was still a good time.

Who are the ad wizards that decided every streaming service now just has to be called "_____+"?

CNN just announced CNN+, which I can't see being a big success

the + thing is silly at this point. pretty sure every company starting their own streaming service is an attempt to be positioned for life after cable companies keeping viewers as a captive audience. i can see cord cutters paying 5 - 10 bucks for a handful of "____+" viewing options rather than 150 or whatever for a bunch of cable channels they never watch. i suppose their are fns of cable news networks that would want access to their favorite talking heads. i guess.

Dr. Death on Peacock was pretty entertaining. Wife loved the podcast and was telling everyone to listen to it when it came out, and she enjoyed the show but said the podcast was better. It sometimes gets a little hazy when it switches timelines and doesn't give you the date, but for the most part you get the story. I read a review and agree with the sentiment that it's hard to have a show where you're rooting for Alec Baldwin over Joshua Jackson.

I'm a huge 30 Rock fan and I remember when it first came out what a huge get it was to have Baldwin as it seems he was one of the first movie stars to transition into TV. Now, it's just you start watching a show and it's like oh, Alec Baldwin's in this.

Dr. Death on Peacock was pretty entertaining. Wife loved the podcast and was telling everyone to listen to it when it came out, and she enjoyed the show but said the podcast was better. It sometimes gets a little hazy when it switches timelines and doesn't give you the date, but for the most part you get the story. I read a review and agree with the sentiment that it's hard to have a show where you're rooting for Alec Baldwin over Joshua Jackson.

I'm a huge 30 Rock fan and I remember when it first came out what a huge get it was to have Baldwin as it seems he was one of the first movie stars to transition into TV. Now, it's just you start watching a show and it's like oh, Alec Baldwin's in this.

posted about this in the wrong thread.

i think the show is excellent. there are some visual tricks that are a little tired at this point that it relies on (big title cards, gray blue visual palette), but i think that's just the nature of streaming tv these days, and the dialog early on is a little clunky and over-expository, but i think they did an excellent job telling the story, building tension, and especially casting the show. christian slater is awesome in it. really fucked up story!

posted about this in the wrong thread.

i think the show is excellent. there are some visual tricks that are a little tired at this point that it relies on (big title cards, gray blue visual palette), but i think that's just the nature of streaming tv these days, and the dialog early on is a little clunky and over-expository, but i think they did an excellent job telling the story, building tension, and especially casting the show. christian slater is awesome in it. really fucked up story!

shocking to see Baylor fucking up a coverup

McCartney 321 on Hulu is a must if you are musical or a Beatles fan in any way. 6 eps, 30 min each. Just Rick Rubin and McCartney talking about music with insights into the recording and production process on certain songs, some parts of Beatles songs isolated. If you're a fan of the Classic Albums series where they do similar stuff, this is in that same vein.

started Yellowstone, seems good

We've been stuck around episode 4... I like it enough, but my wife is not yet hooked. So it has taken us literally 2-3 months to watch 3 full episodes.

We've been watching The Queen's Gambit... Through 4 of 7 episodes. My wife LOVED it... Until I told her that it wasn't a true story and is just based on a novel from the 80s. Now she feels like she's been tricked. It's really funny to me.

"You mean she didn't really learn chess from a janitor? That wasn't a real guy? Well that sucks." HA!

Back