• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Is HBO Max its own app? I need to rewatch The Leftovers.

it is. I've run it from roku, ps4 and 5. I will say I don't love the interface and have had some issues with the ps versions on occasion.

Is HBO Max its own app? I need to rewatch The Leftovers.

As much as I loved The Leftovers, I'm not sure I will ever want to watch it again. I do throw the score on every once in a while though. I know they use it a lot, but it really does set the perfect tone.

All of these versions are incredible and bring back a lot of, often devastating, memories of the show:

Last edited:
Anyone else been watching Nine Perfect Strangers? We've only got the finale remaining and it comes out next week. We've really enjoyed it. It's funny and dark and I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going to happen with the finale.

I was disappointed with the finale.

Is Halt and Catch Fire any good?

I loved that show, but I'm a tech nerd who was learning to use computers during the time period it's set in so there's a hefty nostalgia quotient there. It lost steam towards the end but was still enjoyable.

The Other Two on HBO Max is a case study for how adding the word "fuck" to a Comedy Central show makes a great show that much better. The Season 2 finale dropped today. This season has been fantastic. It originally debuted in January 2019 and I guess Season 2 was derailed by COVID which delayed it until this August.

It manages to blend somewhat raunchy humor with a very sweet family story. It's a unique show that takes advantage of the generational differences between Gen Z, Millennials, and older Gen X in a neat way.

Not sure if it's been brought up before, but "I'm Sorry," originally on TruTV, is a fun watch. The funny likely hits harder if you have kids. Just moved from Netflix to HBO, I think.

Dang, I was hoping the above post meant there was another season of I'm Sorry but alas, not the case. Not to objectify but Andrea Savage is quite objectifiable.

Dang, I was hoping the above post meant there was another season of I'm Sorry but alas, not the case. Not to objectify but Andrea Savage is quite objectifiable.

I strongly agree with this. Not enough to watch the show, but yes. I remember seeing ads for it during the NCAA Tournament.

I first saw her in some Funny or Die shorts titled, Casual Sex: A Pregnant Woman's Search for the Ultimate Threesome. I remember them being pretty funny. I finally caught up with Veep and she was good in that as well.

Is Halt and Catch Fire any good?

I loved that show, but I'm a tech nerd who was learning to use computers during the time period it's set in so there's a hefty nostalgia quotient there. It lost steam towards the end but was still enjoyable.

Also loved it, but gonna disagree with the last sentence here-- I thought it took a bit to find its footing, but its best season was its last, and by the time it ended it was one of the very best dramas on TV. Worth checking out for sure.

Also loved it, but gonna disagree with the last sentence here-- I thought it took a bit to find its footing, but its best season was its last, and by the time it ended it was one of the very best dramas on TV. Worth checking out for sure.

agree with this

lee pace is doing a meh don draper impression through the first season, but it gets damn good

Had pretty mild expectations for Midnight Mass, but it's good. Much more stylish than I thought it would be, with some decent writing. That scene to the Neil Diamond song was very well done.

Back