• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Can someone explain what’s great about Succession without spoilers? The official description doesn’t seem all that interesting.

i enjoyed squid game (ep6 was especially powerful). however, #hottakeincoming, it was overrated.

watched the first two eps of Succession S3 last night and I gotta say it's starting to feel a little exhausting for someone who was into S1 and S2

one episode per week is a good amount for me at this point

I think the VIPs were terribly written but the show was pretty compelling tv

this is fair. i sort of assumed every episode would be more like e6 which hit pretty hard for the wife and i. the others, while compelling, were a little less. i did watch with the original Korean w/ subtitles. had some friends watching the dubbed version and that seems silly. even in another language the emotion was often palpable.

this is fair. i sort of assumed every episode would be more like e6 which hit pretty hard for the wife and i. the others, while compelling, were a little less. i did watch with the original Korean w/ subtitles. had some friends watching the dubbed version and that seems silly. even in another language the emotion was often palpable.

Agree with this. The VIPs were straight up caricatures, which I thought was kind of funny. The show overall touched on a few themes that never really developed, so it became pretty one note. I'm not sure if something got lost in translation, or if they just didn't want to slow down the pace with depth.

All in all it was entertaining, but I wouldn't have watched if it wasn't a global phenomenon. Episode 6 was the only episode that I would classify as really good. Episode 2 was their attempt to add some depth to the characters, but I just didn't feel it at all.

Last edited:
watched the first two eps of Succession S3 last night and I gotta say it's starting to feel a little exhausting for someone who was into S1 and S2

one episode per week is a good amount for me at this point

Yeah agree with this. The wife definitely couldn't stay awake for the whole thing, and we both really liked the first 2 seasons. I think it's mostly because it felt like a rehash of previously repeated plot lines so the whole thing was predictable. Well done, well acted... But hopefully some of the possibilities they bring up will break up the monotony of scene after scene of different groups of people talking business strategy.

gotta say, though Midnight Mass is very talk-heavy, it's one of the most ambitious horror stories i've seen

pretty good shit (and helps if you were raised Catholic imo)

Enjoyed The Harder They Fall, pretty good western with great acting

My wife and I have really been enjoying the BBC version of Ghosts on HBO Max. If you’re like us and always in the market for 30 min, light hearted comedies, this is for you. It’s also only 3 seasons of 6 episodes, so very manageable.

We’re both equally skeptical of the American version.

My wife and I have really been enjoying the BBC version of Ghosts on HBO Max. If you’re like us and always in the market for 30 min, light hearted comedies, this is for you. It’s also only 3 seasons of 6 episodes, so very manageable.

We’re both equally skeptical of the American version.

From the other perspective, I was recently wondering "What's Rose McIver up to these days?" since I so enjoyed her on iZombie. I found that she was starring a CBS show named "Ghosts" that I'd never heard of. The phrase "CBS comedy" is enough to make me super dubious but I thought I'd give it an ep or 2 and lo and behold... it made me laugh so I got all caught up on this season. I'll probably check out the BBC show but I'm skeptical of that since it has no Rose McIver.

Back