• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Hotel Coolgardie is streaming on Prime. Its a documentary about two Finnish backpackers who go to the outback to work at a pub in a mining town. One thing I look for in documentaries, is does it show me an aspect of the world or life that I have never thought about before. In this case Yes. Seeing how two European young women attempt to navigate life in the Australian outback surrounded by a rather unrefined group of men was quite interesting. Its short and easily consumable, so it is worth a try.

I don't know if they have been mentioned here before, but three netflix shows that I've watched lately and thoroughly enjoyed are:

Norsemen (It's like the office, but with Vikings).
Maid.
Afterlife.

All really good shows.

Norsemen is amazing. I am distraught that they didn't renew for a fourth season.

I was this sad

norsemen-norse.gif

I don't know if they have been mentioned here before, but three netflix shows that I've watched lately and thoroughly enjoyed are:

Norsemen (It's like the office, but with Vikings).
Maid.
Afterlife.

All really good shows.

Just wrapped up After Life. Looking forward to season 3. The rare combo of very funny and depressing.

y'all ever watch the detectorists? feel like i rec'd that awhile back, but that show is so damn good

yes , dectorists is just a great, great show. Cannot recommend highly enough.

I gave my glowing account of Detectorists on this thread a while back. I still haven't gotten to S3 though. I'm putting that at the top of the queue.

I did finish the last episodes of the most recent season of "What We Do in the Shadows". Could not give a higher mark for it, what a great show. I just may be ready to rate it ahead of the movie.

I gave my glowing account of Detectorists on this thread a while back. I still haven't gotten to S3 though. I'm putting that at the top of the queue.

I did finish the last episodes of the most recent season of "What We Do in the Shadows". Could not give a higher mark for it, what a great show. I just may be ready to rate it ahead of the movie.

What We Do in the Shadows is so good.

currently watching Y: the Last Man on Hulu and it's a pretty cool show. Kind of a cross between a sci fi apocalypse show and designated survivor.

currently watching Y: the Last Man on Hulu and it's a pretty cool show. Kind of a cross between a sci fi apocalypse show and designated survivor.

liked it too but dropped the news it was cancelled before season 1 finished up so that kinda sucks

Lots of love and lots of hate for the Amazon Wheel of Time show. Good? Bad? Meh?

Wheel of Time comes out on the 19th. I'll definitely be watching it, but I couldn't make it past book 5. I think it could potentially make a better show than book, unless you are into crazy amounts of world building. As in, LOTR on steroids.

Back