• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

My wife and I just got HBO Max to binge some shows and then drop it. Enjoyed Chernobyl. Just finished Mare of Easttown, which we thought started as another The Killing formulaic story, but Mare finished much stronger. My wife is watching Succession, and I have Band of Brothers on our queue.

Recently gained access to Hulu…watching Handmaid’s Tale…several episodes into season 2.

Disturbing. Very disturbing.

I don't know if they have been mentioned here before, but three netflix shows that I've watched lately and thoroughly enjoyed are:

Norsemen (It's like the office, but with Vikings).
Maid.
Afterlife.

All really good shows.

Maid is utterly depressing. Only watched the first episode though.

y'all ever watch the detectorists? feel like i rec'd that awhile back, but that show is so damn good

I’m half way through the second season now and I agree it’s good. I finally figured out that the guy who plays Russel played Jaques in As You Like it at the globe theater in the summer of 2018 when I visited London.

The Great season 2 dropped today on Hulu. Season 1 was great

currently watching Y: the Last Man on Hulu and it's a pretty cool show. Kind of a cross between a sci fi apocalypse show and designated survivor.

Sorry to bring comics nerdery to this thread, but if you like Y and don't mind the stigma of reading a comic book (you can be stealthy with your Kindle or whatever) then I say give the Y: comics series a go, the story goes to full resolution (over the span of 60 issues). It's great. I did not care for the show, probably in no small part due to the gap in quality between the comics and the show. Maybe I would have liked the adaptation more if I went in cold but I didn't, so I didn't.

I’m half way through the second season now and I agree it’s good. I finally figured out that the guy who plays Russel played Jaques in As You Like it at the globe theater in the summer of 2018 when I visited London.

ALL THE WORLD’S A STAGE, MOTHER FUCKERS

ALL THE WORLD’S A STAGE, MOTHER FUCKERS

It was really good. He took a huge bite of an apple then delivered that line, unintelligibly with a mouth full of apple, the cast all looked over, someone said "What did you say?" "Oh, right, sorry, all the world's a stage..."

The Great season 2 dropped today on Hulu. Season 1 was great

I love the Great. Got through the first 4 eps of S2 on Saturday and will likely finish it up in the next couple of days. If people haven't watched it then I highly recommend that you do. It's so good.

Steve Martin’s physical comedy in the finale had me laughing so hard.

This needs repeating. It's not that it was physically taxing or anything, but the dude is 76 years old or something and was pulling that off like he was in his prime.

So ridiculously funny. Nandor is my fave.

The CGI is also surprisingly good when they use it.

This show makes me laugh harder than any show in a long time. That vampire/werewolf fight on top of Circuit City was gold.

Also- I'm late to the party but Ray Donovan is excellent TV. I'm almost done with binge-watching it.

Man, Arcane really kicks it up a notch in Episode 3. Pretty damn good if you're into that sort of thing.

Arcane was good throughout. Each act (every 3 episodes) brought something to the table. Not sure how much appeal it would have for the non comicbook/video game crowd, but I think it's objectively good. You definitely do not need to have played League of Legends to watch as there is very little fan-fare.

Last edited:
Wheel of Time comes out on the 19th. I'll definitely be watching it, but I couldn't make it past book 5. I think it could potentially make a better show than book, unless you are into crazy amounts of world building. As in, LOTR on steroids.

I am how ever many episodes in and Hopper has yet to make an appearance. I am unhappy about this. But seriously so many shows are trying to get the gravitas and intrigue that GOT had, but fail to do so. I think WOT will not last very long.

Season 3 of Narcos Mexico was the best yet. The show has gotten better with every season. Honestly, S1 was a letdown compared to the original Narcos. S3 Narcos Mexico on par with S1 Narcos, I thought.

Back