• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

red notice was fun if stupid

Weird how many think pieces have been written about how Red Notice is an abomination and ruined cinema. It was a dime a dozen action movie, but decent for what it was, had some good laughs, and certainly will not lead to the end of civilization.

Anyone seen The Power of the Dog on Netflix? My wife seems to have liked it more than I did, but I'm still not sure really what I thought of it. I feel like even expressing my potential misgivings about it could be a spoiler and so I'm more just curious if others liked it.

Anyone seen The Power of the Dog on Netflix? My wife seems to have liked it more than I did, but I'm still not sure really what I thought of it. I feel like even expressing my potential misgivings about it could be a spoiler and so I'm more just curious if others liked it.

Watched it a few days ago and thought it was very good, but not outstanding. Cumberbatch's character was excellent.

14 Peaks on Netflix was worthwhile. Great story about one of those superhuman, super-driven people that you otherwise would never know about.

Weird how many think pieces have been written about how Red Notice is an abomination and ruined cinema. It was a dime a dozen action movie, but decent for what it was, had some good laughs, and certainly will not lead to the end of civilization.

Pretty much agree with this. Did Ryan Reynolds have a single line in the movie that wasn't a quip though?

I'm late to the party, but Midnight Mass is spectacular. Be ready for long periods of exposition and dialogue, but it all pays off perfectly over the last 3 episodes, which are batshit crazy. Probably the best show I saw in 2021, maybe longer.

Wow not sure if it’s already been discussed but we just watched The Alpinist about climber Marc-Andre Leclerc on Netflix and holy shit was it intense.

Finished "Your Honor" last night, since I've got Showtime for "Dexter: New Blood". I guess it was alright. It seemed like it was really going for the pacing of Breaking Bad, with the scope of The Wire. All in all, I thought it was fine. The story comes full circle, and while it often threads unlikely needles to make the plot work and keep the pace up, I still found it entertaining. 6/10, and would recommend to people who enjoy gritty cop dramas. If not, you may find it far-fetched.

Speaking of far-fetched but entertaining, the new season of Dexter so far has been better than any season after 4 (Trinity) and probably at least better than season 3. The first episode or two wasn't great with some forced exposition to catch everyone up, but it has since returned to the pace you would expect from the franchise. It's also infinitely more primed to round out the series better than the original.

Last edited:
Watched S2 of Tiger King. Not nearly on par with the first, but once you get past the first episode, which was not good, it improves to the point where it is entertaining enough. Another wacko character or two introduced. No resolution, though, as it is more of an update to the series and everything that happened after it gained a cult following. I haven't watched the spinoff about the weirdo dude out in Myrtle Beach.

A few eps into S2 of The Witcher. I remember very little about S1, unfortunately, so I'm trying to piece things together. What I remember about S1 is it started very slow and was enjoyable by the end. A lot of fantasy nonsense, but fun enough, plus there are decapitations and titties so yay.

Watched S2 of Tiger King. Not nearly on par with the first, but once you get past the first episode, which was not good, it improves to the point where it is entertaining enough. Another wacko character or two introduced. No resolution, though, as it is more of an update to the series and everything that happened after it gained a cult following. I haven't watched the spinoff about the weirdo dude out in Myrtle Beach.

A few eps into S2 of The Witcher. I remember very little about S1, unfortunately, so I'm trying to piece things together. What I remember about S1 is it started very slow and was enjoyable by the end. A lot of fantasy nonsense, but fun enough, plus there are decapitations and titties so yay.

I finished S2 tonight and thought it was excellent. I only followed about 80% of the plot but two of the three main actors are really good (pick it up Yen) so the emotional beats hit.

The Alpinist :thumbsup:

Wow literally on the same page and 6 days later I was like “not sure if this has been discussed”. I’m an idiot.

Yeah, The Alpinist was good Free Solo, Alpinist, and 14 Peaks are all interesting looks into the types of personalities it takes to do that kind of thing. All those guys have a bit of a screw loose that makes them do it, but all seem connected to something greater than themselves, even though it comes with personal accolades, etc...

Somehow my wife and I got into a dinner conversation with our kids about LOST. We used to watch it together when we were dating and the show ended a few weeks before our oldest son’s 1st birthday. We described the show to them and they looked at us like we were crazy.

I wonder if people binge it nowadays? Such a popular show but it seems like a relic.

Somehow my wife and I got into a dinner conversation with our kids about LOST. We used to watch it together when we were dating and the show ended a few weeks before our oldest son’s 1st birthday. We described the show to them and they looked at us like we were crazy.

I wonder if people binge it nowadays? Such a popular show but it seems like a relic.

Funny enough i just rewatched it for the first time since it aired and it holds up great. Binging wouldve been the best way for this show as episodes that didnt hold up in the moment because they didnt move the story, like Jacks tatoos, are immediately forgotten by going on to the next episode.

Started watching Station 11 and if you are ok with a show about the time during a global pandemic and 20 years after, i am really liking it but its only 3 episodes in. Kind of has a Leftovers type feel to it.

Feel like that show set the tone for a bunch of other shows (Orange is the new black, for example) with a character-focused flashback each episode. Also, it still slays me how they shoehorned current events like the Red Sox winning the series and the poker craze into the plot.

Back