• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Watched, or tried to, Eternals last night. Fucking trash, turned it off in 45 minutes.

You could skip to the mid/end credits for some teasers.

Posted on the CBM thread but the first two eps of Peacemaker on hbo max are fantastic.

I'm watching this Italian Netflix original Suburra right now and it's great. Basic premise is that it follows the fight over a land development deal for a port outside of Rome and deals with the conflicts between local politicians, the church, the mafia, street gangs, the police, the Romani, and real estate developers. It has a 100% on RT.

If I could compare it to anything, it's a mix of the political intrigue and pacing of the early House of Cards seasons with the seediness and local dynamics of The Wire.

Just tore through the first season of After Life on Netflix and really enjoyed it. It’s a bit heavy, but if you enjoy Ricky Gervais’ dark sense of humor, I highly recommend it.

Just tore through the first season of After Life on Netflix and really enjoyed it. It’s a bit heavy, but if you enjoy Ricky Gervais’ dark sense of humor, I highly recommend it.

Love this. And love that each ep is < 30 mins.

rough in a boring way or rough in a craptastic way?

Watched all of S1 and half of S2 yesterday of Staged and have loved it. Michael Sheen and David Tennant are so great together.

wife and I are enjoying The Righteous Gemstones on HBO. Some pretty good stuff on there if you remember watching PTL as a kid or if ever went to a Megachurch.

I started Righteous Gemstones recently. Somehow I had no idea it even existed before I began. It's lived up to my expectations of a McBride/Jody Hill project. I can't really explain why, but I can tell the Hill directed episodes because he really captures North Carolina subtleties. He gave us this after all:
theneighbors.jpg

I started Righteous Gemstones recently. Somehow I had no idea it even existed before I began. It's lived up to my expectations of a McBride/Jody Hill project. I can't really explain why, but I can tell the Hill directed episodes because he really captures North Carolina subtleties. He gave us this after all:
theneighbors.jpg

Need to watch last night's ep. Excited because it looks like it's a Baby Billy ep.

Watched The Last Duel on HBO...Better than I expected and I thought pretty good overall.

I was a big Billions guy and now I can't watch another minute. I tried this season and bailed after 2 episodes. It's just terrible. I can't even get the energy to go into why it sucks so much now. It's become just nonsensical.

Back