• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Made it to the end of Season 1 of the Following , and while some episodes 7-16 were not as good as far as the first six, I was still entertained.

If there are other series out there along the lines of the list below I would greatly appreciate the suggestions.
24, The Shield, LOST, Damages, House of Cards, Dexter, The Following, Copper
Funny you should say, because I watched episodes 4-6 last night and googled the show while watching it and all the reviews say the exact same thing you have, and most put Episode 6 as the peak, and it is all down hill from there.

Kate Mara was also in We are Marshall and the first season of American Horror Story.

Finally finished Top of the Lake. I don't get what so many people loved about it. It was not a good show.

Finally finished Top of the Lake. I don't get what so many people loved about it. It was not a good show.

Disagree big time. I finished a few weeks ago and thought it was fantastic. I probably could have done without Holly Hunter and all of her babbling but I thought everyone else was great.

You got to see Peggy's tabes tho?

Yea

Disagree big time. I finished a few weeks ago and thought it was fantastic. I probably could have done without Holly Hunter and all of her babbling but I thought everyone else was great.

Acting was good. Plot was very weak and really obvious. It would have been a great 2 hour movie. Really good, but 7 hours was just mercilessly slow.

I agree funk, I thought this show was fantastic. Very understated, but gripping.

i've seen the first 2-3 episodes of the top of the lake and i'm not digging it
does it get better or if i don't like it now then i probably will never like it?

i've seen the first 2-3 episodes of the top of the lake and i'm not digging it
does it get better or if i don't like it now then i probably will never like it?

You probably won't. Just watch the last 10 min of each episode.

Not a big Netflixer. One more vote for House of Cards tho. Just now getting through the first season. I normally really really hate political dramas, but this has enough fucked up shit in it to keep me interested. A little hard to believe Spacey as an alpha male, but most politicians are probably all bark and no bite anyway.

Also if you are into food, David Chang's (Momofuku bro) Mind of a Chef is pretty sweet.

Mind of a Chef is awesome

I agree funk, I thought this show was fantastic. Very understated, but gripping.

I haven't seen "Top of the Lake," but I thought the guy who plays Johnno stole the show as Steven Linder on FX's "The Bridge." I'll add "Top of the Lake" to my shows to watch list.

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but I just finished the first season of BBC's Sherlock and thought it was really good. Episode 2 was a little slow, but 1 and 3 were great. I've heard nothing but good things about season 2.

Top of the lake was fantastic. Don't listen to anyone who says different

Just started House Of Cards the last few days. Enjoying it quite a bit.

I watched the Ricky Jay documentary which was somewhat interesting, though not as fucking crazy as I wanted it to be. Magic.

Made it to the end of Season 1 of the Following , and while some episodes 7-16 were not as good as far as the first six, I was still entertained.

If there are other series out there along the lines of the list below I would greatly appreciate the suggestions.
24, The Shield, LOST, Damages, House of Cards, Dexter, The Following, Copper

The Following might be the only show where I made it through the end of the first season resolving not to watch the 2nd season. It just got so fucking ridiculous in its attempts to extend the storyline (kind of like later seasons of 24, only not nearly as cool) that it became a chore to watch. I also found myself really not giving two shits about any of the characters.

This is for Amazon Prime but I figured this thread was probably the best place to put it. First off, if you have Prime and are going through shows on Amazon, alot of time it will tell you that the shows cost money, so thus they arent Prime, but then when you click on them they really are free. For example, every single one of Anthony Bourdains shows looks like it costs cash when browsing but they are all free with Prime! Love me some Layover and No Rez. Thought I'd share cause im a man of the people.

Netflix will spend 3 billion on content in fiscal 14 to go along with 500 mm on marketing.. Bold moves.. Hopefully it works.. But that's a shit ton to spend with revenues of just north of 5b. Glad they aren't settling in and are vamping up to really take it to cable providers. This could be the real deal in terms of fucking over TWC, etc. for good, and that would make nearly every American smile. Netflix is truly an amazing story over the last 5 years.

Back