• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Thread title should drop “Netflix” since so many platforms are available…?

Anyhow…just streamed O Lucky Man from 1973…available on YouTube TV…first time seeing this…it’s worth watching IMO…the use if the original soundtrack is one of its best aspects.

Seems Netflix is dying a death of a thousand cuts. It's library is shrinking due to network platforms, it's added unpopular user features, and raised prices beyond allowed annoyance; so users are canceling. Theory is to only subscribe to one/few services at a time, binge, then drop them.

Seems Netflix is dying a death of a thousand cuts. It's library is shrinking due to network platforms, it's added unpopular user features, and raised prices beyond allowed annoyance; so users are canceling. Theory is to only subscribe to one/few services at a time, binge, then drop them.

I was just thinking the other day about how I hadn't opened up Netflix in a while. When I did and saw what was trending in its top 10, I realized why. Just a bunch of silly/crappy series, reality tv and kids shows.

Last edited:
Netflix is strong in anime' but that is still niche, I guess.

Wonder what will happen to their subscription numbers after Stranger Things drops?

Thing is, Netflix could have kept a modest subscription rate and people just wouldn't bother to cancel. But when they're pushing $20/mo, folks start making hard choices.

reddit users were complaining about Netflix getting rid of the star rating system, and the quick auto-runs. I was amazed by how much and how many seemed to notice or care.

Anyhow…just streamed O Lucky Man from 1973…available on YouTube TV…first time seeing this…it’s worth watching IMO…the use if the original soundtrack is one of its best aspects.

Yeah, let's bring back BSF so he can change the thread title and then flood the tunnels with Hillary "hole tongue" Clinton conspiracy theories and gifs.

200w.gif

Can a moderator change the title?

Watching the new Rescue Rangers movie on Disney+ with my 9 year old and his friend. It is weirdly meta AF. I wish they just did a longer episode of Rescue Rangers instead.

It's going for modern version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? with 30+ more years worth of references to more types of animation.

Last edited:
Watching the new Rescue Rangers movie on Disney+ with my 9 year old and his friend. It is weirdly meta AF. I wish they just did a longer episode of Rescue Rangers instead.

It's going for modern version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? with 30+ more years worth of references to more types of animation.

I couldn't tell from the previews but are the other Rescue Rangers in it? Or is it just Chip and Dale?

They’re all in it but it’s mostly Chip and Dale. I was disappointed there wasn’t enough of my girl Gadget. It was a surprisingly good movie with a ton of Easter eggs. Lonely Island had the run of the Disney catalog.

They’re all in it but it’s mostly Chip and Dale. I was disappointed there wasn’t enough of my girl Gadget. It was a surprisingly good movie with a ton of Easter eggs. Lonely Island had the run of the Disney catalog.

And then some. Lots of other non Disney IP but I guess Roger Rabbit had Disney, Looney Tunes, and others.

Planning on watching the George Carlin documentary this week... Anybody watch part 1 last night?

I've really enjoyed Under the Banner of Heaven. Cults have always fascinated me, and I've enjoyed how this story is told through the investigation. I'll probably read the book after the series is over.

Taking your attraction of mousey women to a whole new level here.

I've really enjoyed Under the Banner of Heaven. Cults have always fascinated me, and I've enjoyed how this story is told through the investigation. I'll probably read the book after the series is over.

Book way better than the show has been, HOWEVER I do think they are doing a good job... Not the easiest book to turn into a series given a lot of the book is spent on LDS history. I initially hated the fictional character of Pyre, but as it has gone along he's grown on me a bit. The creation of him and his family actually kind of helps to explore some of the themes in the book in a way that translates better to TV.

Would also add that a lot of the book is pretty dry, and seeing it on the screen has made me want to go back and read it again (it has been a few years).

Back