• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Book way better than the show has been, HOWEVER I do think they are doing a good job... Not the easiest book to turn into a series given a lot of the book is spent on LDS history. I initially hated the fictional character of Pyre, but as it has gone along he's grown on me a bit. The creation of him and his family actually kind of helps to explore some of the themes in the book in a way that translates better to TV.

I would think the addition of Pyre is actually favorable to mainstream Mormons, who I understand are not stoked about this series.

That scene where the two brothers go to Colorado City and start talking to the fundamentalists, you know there are sects like that in the middle of nowhere Arizona/Utah/Nevada. It's fascinating, but also really scary for the women involved.

Just started Barry and it’s amazing. I’m in S2 and loved every episode.

Started Hacks on HBO two weeks and just caught up. Its fucking hilarious and also a very well written show. Jean Smart kills it.

There's just way too much content these days. No way I can keep up with all these recs. Back in the day you had thursday night TV and maybe Sunday night TV and that was it

Just started Barry and it’s amazing. I’m in S2 and loved every episode.

Noho Hank is just the best. The scene where he sends Barry a text with his bitmoji killed me.

4rhblj1vu1x01.jpg

The first episode was really good and a lot darker than I was expecting

Russian Doll is ok 4 episodes into Season 2. I loved Season 1. I binged the whole season at once but all this time later, I barely remembered it including major plot points. I don’t think shows are obligated to build continuity from season to season but this was an abrupt shift.

Prehistoric Planet on AppleTV+ is awesome if you like dinosaurs

Pleasantly surprised by the new Matrix. Was not expecting much, but I really enjoyed it.

Ooph. After the first 45 minutes, I thought it was the worst movie I've seen in a long, long time. To each his own, I suppose.

How is it for a 5 year old?

Watched the first one with my kids last week… 8 (girl), 6 (girl), 3.5 (boy).

They all really enjoyed it, but they’d watch pretty much any TV and be happy.

But nobody was scared and nothing was awkward.

Back