• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Agreed, I liked season 4 at least as much as season 1. They definitely could have written the story where season 4 was actually season 1 or 2.

hacks on hbomax is really good

Yeah, we really enjoyed it as well. Based on the season finale I am interested if the show continues. I watch every show about stand up comedians. I also really enjoyed Crashing, and a Showtime show called “I’m Dying Up Here” which is a fictional show set at The Comedy Store in the early 70s, it was especially fun to watch after watching the Comedy Store documentary miniseries.

Last edited:
I’m 8 eps into watching The Offer on paramount plus and I am all about it! If you like The Godfather or if you like “making of” type shows or documentaries, then watch this. I was completely absorbed and I know now exactly what a producer does on a movie set. Full disclosure- my wife had no interest in this even though I kept telling her interesting stories but that’s on her.

Agree! Wife and I love this show. Final episode drops this Thursday.

The Harder They Fall felt like one part Guy Ritchie and one part Quentin Tarantino movie all rolled into a western. Really enjoyed it.

Yeah, we really enjoyed it as well. Based on the season finale I am interested if the show continues. I watch every show about stand up comedians. I also really enjoyed Crashing, and a Showtime show called “I’m Dying Up Here” which is a fictional show set at The Comedy Store in the early 70s, it was especially fun to watch after watching the Comedy Store documentary miniseries.

I love Hacks, Crashing and especially I'm Dying Up Here. Also sending out love for Marvelous Mrs Maisel.

Anyone check out Dark Winds on AMC? I'm hearing good things.

I love Hacks, Crashing and especially I'm Dying Up Here. Also sending out love for Marvelous Mrs Maisel.
will check out other two.

minx on hbomax about a playgirl type magazine in the 70s is really good.

the offer on paramount plus the backstory of making the godfather movie really good.

Finished watching Love, Death, and Robots Season 3. Three Robots was good. Mason's Rats was memorable. The rest were meh. Season 1 was good overall. Even the ones that weren't that great were interesting, unique, or had a memorable animation style or story. They stuck with you. Season 2 was weaker but still pretty good. The focus was fairly spread between stories about love, stories about death, and stories about robots or some mix. Season 3 was mostly death. A lot of death. And almost all of the stories were about humans fighting off some strange alien/robot/cybernetic creatures. It got old.

The new Beavis & Butthead is on Paramount+. It should win an Oscar.

OK, not really, but I had middle to low expectations and it definitely exceeded them. It doesn't exactly break new ground, but the introduction of "smart Beavis and smart Butthead" was great, as was a brief part about their white privilege. I thought it actually got better as it went along. Only like 85 minutes or something, so not that much of a time suck. It was absolutely better than the first movie, which isn't really saying a whole lot.

Back