• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I've been watching The Terminal List on Prime. Definitely more likely to appeal to dudes, with the male revenge fantasy plot, but I've enjoyed it. It is what it is.

Surprised it has taken them this long. I'm guessing it won't matter if I take my Roku stick to my parents' place every now and then when I visit.

My wife enjoyed it. It’s an easy show that you don’t need to think about.

“A "Netflix Homes" FAQ clarifies that users "can watch Netflix on your laptop or mobile device while traveling" and "watch Netflix on a TV outside your home for up to two weeks as long as your account has not been previously used in that location. This is allowed once per location per year."

Sorry Grandma, we can’t watch a movie together next time I visit this year because Netflix will charge me a fee.

Seems like a ridiculous overreaction to losing around 1% of customers. They’ll just piss off more with this nonsense. Part of the appeal of streaming is not being tethered to your home.

Can you watch downloaded content elsewhere without a fee?

“A "Netflix Homes" FAQ clarifies that users "can watch Netflix on your laptop or mobile device while traveling" and "watch Netflix on a TV outside your home for up to two weeks as long as your account has not been previously used in that location. This is allowed once per location per year."

Sorry Grandma, we can’t watch a movie together next time I visit this year because Netflix will charge me a fee.

this will finally give me an excuse to cancel my Netflix account

what a pathetic company

yeah, it's the extra users that's the problem and not the fact that 85% of your original content sucks and you lost your once exhaustive streaming library to other services

I've had my finger on the trigger of cancelling Netflix for a while now. Once Sandman's done I think that'll be it for me.

Netflix build their brand on what they’re trying to change. Ease of use, portability, no ads, and multiple users on one account.

Netflix build their brand on what they’re trying to change. Ease of use, portability, no ads, and multiple users on one account.

Plus just making a ton of cheap crappy content. So many other services have superior libraries. Should have focused on quality instead of quantity imo

I randomly came across Joe Pickett on Paramount. Good so far.

Part of it is my residual love for Patriot, with the same guy.

Had never heard of this, but just discovered Michael Dorman in For All Mankind (where he's great) and recently binged Patriot, which was also fun, so will have to give this a shot. Looks like the lead female role in Pickett is played by Winston native Julianna Guill.

The CGI was so bad in episode 1 that we didn’t even finish it.

Had never heard of this, but just discovered Michael Dorman in For All Mankind (where he's great) and recently binged Patriot, which was also fun, so will have to give this a shot. Looks like the lead female role in Pickett is played by Winston native Julianna Guill.

That’s a name I haven’t thought about in awhile.

It’s pretty wild actually how successful folks who are from or who spent meaningful amounts of time in Winston have been in film and tv

Had an AMEX Gold offer of 6 months of free Disney + that expires on 7/31. Good timing cause we literally just had a free disney + package expire from verizon last month.

Finished The Bear last night thanks to the reccs here and it was great. I never ever ever want to work in a restaurant kitchen. Seems like the most stressful job around.

Back