• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Ha yeah in that chart for total subscribers I count as 4 people in the "Disney" category but only as 1 Netflix subscriber. We have Disney+, ESPN, Hulu, and a 2nd Hulu that was tagged for free with some service or whatever but is a shittier tier.

People are really excited for Netflix to tank, not really sure why.

Holy shit this weeks The Rehearsal….chefs kiss

His other show is hilarious. When I watch the rehearsal it leaves me feeling disoriented from reality when I’m done watching. It’s bizarre. But I keep watching it. I thought the first episode was the best one.

Ha yeah in that chart for total subscribers I count as 4 people in the "Disney" category but only as 1 Netflix subscriber. We have Disney+, ESPN, Hulu, and a 2nd Hulu that was tagged for free with some service or whatever but is a shittier tier.

People are really excited for Netflix to tank, not really sure why.

Agreed. I guess people want them to get knocked off their perch, but it makes no sense to root for Disney to do that. Netflix is the little guy in a space with Disney, Warner Bros, Apple, and Amazon.

His other show is hilarious. When I watch the rehearsal it leaves me feeling disoriented from reality when I’m done watching. It’s bizarre. But I keep watching it. I thought the first episode was the best one.

yeah, I kind of wish each episode was a different rehearsal instead of spending so much time on the raising a kid rehearsal. That guy in the first episode was awesomely awkward while the crazy lady raising the kid gets more annoying the more we see her. Unrelated, she has a very very very low chance of finding a man and having a real baby before her biological clock goes off. I mean, it may take her 10 years or more to find a man willing to put up with her level of crazy.

I love it. I think mostly I enjoy the creativity it takes to come up with the scenarios he concocts. It’s more open ended than the stuff he did on Nathan For You (a show I also loved)

HBO saw the potential Nathan For You had and gave him an unlimited budget. It’s a staggering piece of ambition. There’s nothing like it in tv. I have seen multiple people compare it to Charlie Kaufman and I think that’s the closest thing I can think of.

HBO saw the potential Nathan For You had and gave him an unlimited budget. It’s a staggering piece of ambition. There’s nothing like it in tv. I have seen multiple people compare it to Charlie Kaufman and I think that’s the closest thing I can think of.

have you seen any number on what the budget for the show is?

I bet it still nets out a pretty good bang for HBO's buck since they aren't paying much for talent

I still don't know how I feel about the show -- it's can't-miss TV though and I'm pumped for the finale

have you seen any number on what the budget for the show is?

I bet it still nets out a pretty good bang for HBO's buck since they aren't paying much for talent

I still don't know how I feel about the show -- it's can't-miss TV though and I'm pumped for the finale

Will be interesting to see how tight the pursestrings get. Then you have John Oliver always blowing money on inane shit like statues, tv ad buys, random EBay items, etc.

Because I liked the Rehearsal , I started watching Nathan For You . I'm only two episodes in but holy crap...i haven't laughed that hard since the gorilla scene in Bad Trip.

I started Untold: the Girlfriend who did not Exist, about Manti Te'o and the first episode was gripping from start to finish. There is so much in there that you missed from reading the stories about what happened. He is able to talk about what happened in such an honest way, which is probably a benefit of the time that has passed.

I binged most of the The Rehearsal yesterday after starting it earlier in the week.

Nathan Fielder is a special dude... The way the show changes tone on a dime, yet still keeps me interested, is unique.

There are a lot of times in the show where it seems like he experiences legitimate and authentic joy (playing with his "kid" and interacting with others in his acting class)... Those moments allow me to trust him a bit more when he sets up situations that at first seem a little cringy or pushing the envelope of right/wrong.

I watched the first ep of The Rehearsal and I’ll probably watch more. But I couldn’t handle a second ep right after the first.

I watched the first ep of The Rehearsal and I’ll probably watch more. But I couldn’t handle a second ep right after the first.

They get shorter and more intertwined.

But yeah, that was kind of my experience. Watched ep1 and then yesterday watched ep2-4 pretty much all in a row.

8-9 years late but am watching the Americans on Hulu; currently nearing the end of season 2

being a spy in the 80's was crazy good for the sex life

Back