• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Another vote here for Rectify. Very well done. Glad the second season is 10 eps instead of just six.

Season 3 of the Inbetweeners is now available. First episode was nuts.

2 seasons of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown are now on Netflix. Not the travel channel show but he CNN produced one.

Watching Don Jon now. Had a cameo with Anne Hathaway. She should be sent to jail for cutting her hair off.

Watching Don Jon now. Had a cameo with Anne Hathaway. She should be sent to jail for cutting her hair off.

Agreed about Anne Hathaway's hair. Don John is an okay movie wasn't as good as people led me to believe though.

Odd Thomas starring Chekov from the new Star Trek films is pretty good. It's similar to the Ghost Whisper but Jennifer Love Hewitt rarely shot anyone in the face.

Everyone has different tastes, so I'm sure the below are not for everyone. But I liked the following, in no order:

Barbara
Suspense/drama movie about an East German doctor

20 Feet From Stardom
Although it became a bit redundant, thought they would highlight more people, it was still good

Happy People: A Year in the Taiga

Another Herzog documentary. Loved this movie.

The Punk Singer
Only for those who liked Bikini Kill and Kathleen Hanna. I like both, but could have been shorter

Frances Ha
Did not think I would like it, but I liked it quite a bit. Don't watch if you hate B&W or NYC faux dialogue

The Artist
'Nuff said

In Bruges
Another surprise for me, I thought it was surprisingly comic

Somm
Already mentioned, I second the likes

Submarine
Watching now, so far I like it pretty well, good Brit teen movie

Btw, watched Captain Phillips, did not like outside the first 45 minutes. But interested in A Hijacking. Anyone like it, at least more than Captain Phillips?

Frances Ha
Did not think I would like it, but I liked it quite a bit. Don't watch if you hate B&W or NYC faux dialogue

Really enjoyed Frances Ha. Sadly, it reminds me of many people I know living there right now.

Documentary on the Swampers called "Muscle Shoals". Very very good. Amazing how many albums those guys produced and played played on.

I think Mud is on Netflix right now, defs worth a watch if you haven't seen it before.

I think Mud is on Netflix right now, defs worth a watch if you haven't seen it before.

Great film, best of 2013 (theatrical release) IMO. Director Jeff Nichols' next film "Midnight Special" should receive a lot of hype.

Back