Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Resident Astrophysicist
    Blog Entries

The Troll Hunter is not available yet but I'll definitely be checking it out. Looks cool.

Funny this thread should pop up. If any of you are into martial arts flicks, I watched an Indonesian one today on Netflix that was pretty good called Merantau. Well filmed and choreographed.

Rusty Larue
    Ip Man and Monsters are my two suggestions. Both are pretty sweet.

watching some SNL suff

Is "Human Centipede" streaming yet?

Not interested in Netflix unless it is

Last edited by Teamramrod; 03-23-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Trailer Park Boys
    Blue Mountain State
    The League

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamramrod View Post
    Is "Human Centipede" streaming yet?

Not interested in Netflix unless it is

It was as of a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Trailer Park Boys
    Blue Mountain State
    The League
    Trailer Park Boys is money if you're drunk, almost as money as Eastbound & Down or Step Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    The Troll Hunter is not available yet but I'll definitely be checking it out. Looks cool.
    Indeed.

Someone with computer skillz needs to make a gif or emoticon with the guy yelling "TROLLLL" for when a troll like Viper shows up here.

Great FX shows on Watch Instantly:

The League
    Archer
    Louie

If any of you plan on watching shows that originally air on Showtime (Californication, Dexter, etc.), better go ahead and do it soon. CBS says they plan to pull their content from Netflix when their agreement is up this summer.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/03/23/cbs-wi...-from-netflix/

CBS isn't going to be the last, either. I read another article earlier this week saying more will be pulling their content from Netflix soon because they feel Netflix isn't charging enough for access to said content, and want to keep the big Cable providers on their good sides.

#ClawsIn #ManUp
    Per recommendation, I just watched The Science of Sex Appeal. I also watched Waste Land as that's been on my list for a while, not sure how first.

Both were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    If any of you plan on watching shows that originally air on Showtime (Californication, Dexter, etc.), better go ahead and do it soon. CBS says they plan to pull their content from Netflix when their agreement is up this summer.

CBS isn't going to be the last, either. I read another article earlier this week saying more will be pulling their content from Netflix soon because they feel Netflix isn't charging enough for access to said content, and want to keep the big Cable providers on their good sides.
    I probably don't understand how programming licensing and fees work, but if Netflix is paying so many millions of dollars upfront for that content, why do the individual networks care how much Netflix charges?

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    I probably don't understand how programming licensing and fees work, but if Netflix is paying so many millions of dollars upfront for that content, why do the individual networks care how much Netflix charges?
    The article I read said they're afraid people will stop paying for full seasons on DVD/Blu Ray, as well as just waiting for the content to get to Netflix instead of paying their cable providers for access to Showtime, HBO, etc.

Resident Astrophysicist
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDeac08 View Post
    Indeed.

Someone with computer skillz needs to make a gif or emoticon with the guy yelling "TROLLLL" for when a troll like Viper shows up here.
    This is a great idea. I'll have to look around to see if I can find a premade one. Otherwise, I'd gladly make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post

Along those same lines:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._marketplace_3

started watching archer, pretty damn funny

Watching BIG FAN right now.

Patton Oswalt is a creepster. Reminds me of how I picture some people on the Sports Board.
    Last edited by ellisat2; 03-26-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Oswalt's name isn't spelled like Lee Harvey Oswald. Duh.

God that Troll 2 clip never gets old.