• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

The Troll Hunter is not available yet but I'll definitely be checking it out. Looks cool.

Funny this thread should pop up. If any of you are into martial arts flicks, I watched an Indonesian one today on Netflix that was pretty good called Merantau. Well filmed and choreographed.

Is "Human Centipede" streaming yet?

Not interested in Netflix unless it is

Last edited:
Trailer Park Boys
Blue Mountain State
The League

The Troll Hunter is not available yet but I'll definitely be checking it out. Looks cool.

Indeed.

Someone with computer skillz needs to make a gif or emoticon with the guy yelling "TROLLLL" for when a troll like Viper shows up here.

If any of you plan on watching shows that originally air on Showtime (Californication, Dexter, etc.), better go ahead and do it soon. CBS says they plan to pull their content from Netflix when their agreement is up this summer.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/03/23/cbs-will-remove-some-showtime-shows-from-netflix/

CBS isn't going to be the last, either. I read another article earlier this week saying more will be pulling their content from Netflix soon because they feel Netflix isn't charging enough for access to said content, and want to keep the big Cable providers on their good sides.

Per recommendation, I just watched The Science of Sex Appeal. I also watched Waste Land as that's been on my list for a while, not sure how first.

Both were very good.

If any of you plan on watching shows that originally air on Showtime (Californication, Dexter, etc.), better go ahead and do it soon. CBS says they plan to pull their content from Netflix when their agreement is up this summer.

CBS isn't going to be the last, either. I read another article earlier this week saying more will be pulling their content from Netflix soon because they feel Netflix isn't charging enough for access to said content, and want to keep the big Cable providers on their good sides.

I probably don't understand how programming licensing and fees work, but if Netflix is paying so many millions of dollars upfront for that content, why do the individual networks care how much Netflix charges?

I probably don't understand how programming licensing and fees work, but if Netflix is paying so many millions of dollars upfront for that content, why do the individual networks care how much Netflix charges?

The article I read said they're afraid people will stop paying for full seasons on DVD/Blu Ray, as well as just waiting for the content to get to Netflix instead of paying their cable providers for access to Showtime, HBO, etc.

Indeed.

Someone with computer skillz needs to make a gif or emoticon with the guy yelling "TROLLLL" for when a troll like Viper shows up here.

This is a great idea. I'll have to look around to see if I can find a premade one. Otherwise, I'd gladly make one.

Along those same lines:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704050204576218590233436846.html?mod=ITP_marketplace_3

Watching BIG FAN right now.

Patton Oswalt is a creepster. Reminds me of how I picture some people on the Sports Board.

Last edited:
Back