• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Also, this is not nearly as helpful as I want it to be, but a couple things that I noticed on instant lately is just how many good Criterion Collection movies are on there, the original Skins, about 100 comedy central presents standups, a ton more standups from Carlin to Eddie Izzard, a lot of David Lynch stuff.

xbox is getting a lot better about showing more diverse stuff, but I still wish it was easier for me to pick a movie without having to go on the site and look around. I never know what I want to watch and I know there are a lot more things on instant that I'd want to watch.

Check out two Alex Gibney documentaries- Client 9 and Enron: the Smartest Guys in the Room.

May seem dry but they were both entertaining and very well-made.

A couple good ones I watched recently were Mystery Team and Bronson.

Mystery Team is from Derrick Comedy, the sketch troupe that includes Donald Glover from Community. It's a really low budget but pretty funny story about three nerds who started a detective agency when they were seven and kept doing it even as high school seniors.

Bronson is a biopic about Charlie Bronson, an infamous British convict. If you ever wonder how Tom Hardy will do as Bane in the next Batman film, watch Bronson and you'll never doubt him again. He is absolutely incredible in it

Mystery Team is good for some cheap laughs. It's silly but I liked it. Bronson is great.

Following was Christopher Nolan's first movie. It's only an hour long, but is a pretty interesting noir/psychological thriller.

i watched The Quantum Activist last night. I think I understood maybe 75% of it, but that 75% was pretty mind-blowing.

Let me toss one out there for the parents -- Liberty's Kids. It's a 40 episode animated series about the founding of the U.S.. Each episode runs about 20-25 minutes. Mildly entertaining for adults but my 7 year old loves it (we're about 25 episodes in). A lot of higher end celebs supplied voices for the characters (Walter Cronkite, Dustin Hoffman, Ben Stiller among others).

Wiki article here -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty's_Kids.

Wild and Wonderful Whites of WV was awesome. If you've ever been to that county you know that that family is hardly unique. Terrifying place.

Bronson was good, but good lord that's a lot of wang shots for one movie.

Big Fan was a bigtime MEHHHHHHHH.

The first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy just became available on instant. Season one is good and worth watching just for the "fire or knife" scene and the last couple episodes leading into season two. Season two is one of the best single seasons of television in a long time. Outstanding writing and acting all around. Highly recommended.

Oh yea, if you don't know anything about the show, it is basically Sopranos + Hamlet + Motorcycles, produced by a Shield vet, and starring Peggy Bundy, Hellboy, Lloyd from Undeclared, Gary Bertier, and a whole bunch of great "that guy" actors.

Last edited:
The first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy just became available on instant. Season one is good and worth watching just for the "fire or knife" scene and the last couple episodes leading into season two. Season two is one of the best single seasons of television in a long time. Outstanding writing and acting all around. Highly recommended.

Oh yea, if you don't know anything about the show, it is basically Sopranos + Hamlet + Motorcycles, produced by a Shield vet, and starring Peggy Bundy, Hellboy, Lloyd from Undeclared, Gary Bertier, and a whole bunch of great "that guy" actors.

Thanks for the heads up. I've heard a lot of great things about this show. I guess now's the time to check it out. :thumbsup:

Back