• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

just finished season 1 bojack after giving it up around episode 4 for a bit. glad i picked it back up.

Creep is pretty good. The found footage innovation in horror has proven to be pretty versatile, and that movie must have cost almost nothing outside of cast and crew.

Mark Duplass is interesting. I wonder how many people that watch him as a super bro on The League realize he is an indie movie God.

I watched the first four episodes. I feel similarly about it as I do about a lot of David Simon's stuff. The procedural elements about working politics is all very well done, great even, and both Oscar Isaac and Alfred Molina are incredible in their roles. I love the Springsteen soundtrack and, for anybody who has been to Yonkers or Mount Vernon, the show does an amazing job at depicting working class Westchester County. That being said, the storylines that involve the future public housing residents are really underdeveloped, borderline cliche, and, just like season 4 of the Wire, put the audience in the position of cynically gambling on which stock character will experience which horrible or middling fate. Everybody is kind of one dimensional in this series, but I hope that the show's second half develops the storylines of the people of color, who really are just kind of embodiments of Simon's/Haggis's liberal guilt at the moment.

not being familiar at all with this story, was the ending result huge national news? As for the show, I agree with the above that they did not develop the people moving into the housing. Especially the girl that kept getting pregnant, i could care less how her story ended up. The blind lady was the only that you wanted it to work out for.

This may have been covered already, but I just picked back up Black Mirror. That show is too intense to just binge without completely bumming me out. I'm almost done with S2. Any news on when/where I can stream the 7th episode?

Also, I hear that Mr. Robot show is worth a look, any info on when that will be streaming?

It's on Hulu and USA On Demand.

not being familiar at all with this story, was the ending result huge national news? As for the show, I agree with the above that they did not develop the people moving into the housing. Especially the girl that kept getting pregnant, i could care less how her story ended up. The blind lady was the only that you wanted it to work out for.

Yeah, the Yonkers case was a pretty big deal.

The second half of the series is really good.

This may have been covered already, but I just picked back up Black Mirror. That show is too intense to just binge without completely bumming me out. I'm almost done with S2. Any news on when/where I can stream the 7th episode?

Also, I hear that Mr. Robot show is worth a look, any info on when that will be streaming?

Just saw that Netflix is acquiring black mirror and is going to produce additional episodes so i would guess the Xmas episode will be on there soon. If not, it is on youtube I am pretty sure.

Just finished season 2 of Wentworth and holy shit... That was some next level tv. Best comparison is breaking bad and I would not say that unless I meant it.

I see you, Netflix.

Back