• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I'm having too much trouble focusing on one show to binge now. They've added Person of Interest and I'm already catching up on the latest season of Dr. Who and haven't even begun Narcos yet. Even though I'm know I'm going to hate them I need to throw in the latest TMNT somewhere in there as well as Hercules with The Rock. I officially gave up on Sense8.

Finally saw Django Unchained (Netflix, naturally). I seem to follow a weird ritual with Tarantino movies recently. I avoid them when they come out, I think because I find him, as a person, repugnant. Eventually I see the movie and I love it, which is exactly what happened with Django.

So Luther was awesome, good rec by the 9348394 of you that mentioned it on here. May have to go back through The Wire now to get more Idris.

Just getting around to watching Luther and it has quickly become one of my absolute favorites on netflix. Plus my wife digs it when I bust out my Idris Elba accent.

I'm digging Newsroom on HBONow. Wife sez I should watch The West Wing. Does it hold up after all these years? What say ye, Pit?

Speaking of Amazon series- happy to see that they picked up Red Oaks for a full season. Great coming of age in the 80s comedy produced by Steven Soderbergh and directed by David Gordon Green.

Watching this now. I'm a big fan of the main dude, who was great in Submarine too.

I just finished The Thick of it on Hulu. It's sort of the British version of Veep (from the same guy, Armando Iannucci). Peter Capaldi is amazing and one is one of the biggest scene stealers I've ever seen in his role with this show.

To tie in Netflix, the movie that continues the show is there, called "In The Loop". I'm about to watch it right... now

I just finished The Thick of it on Hulu. It's sort of the British version of Veep (from the same guy, Armando Iannucci). Peter Capaldi is amazing and one is one of the biggest scene stealers I've ever seen in his role with this show.

To tie in Netflix, the movie that continues the show is there, called "In The Loop". I'm about to watch it right... now

In the Loop is one of the funniest movies of the last 10 years. Love it.

Yeah that's sort of where I ended up after watching the movie. It was a fine movie, very funny, but a notch below the better tv episodes. Plus it threw me off at first to see mostly the same actors but playing characters that differed in name and role, even if their traits were basically the same.

Mozart in the Jungle is not bad, but not great. Gael García Bernal is awesome, though.

I'm digging Newsroom on HBONow. Wife sez I should watch The West Wing. Does it hold up after all these years? What say ye, Pit?

It definitely holds up, probably because most of the issues being discussed are practically timeless. You certainly wouldn't know it was 1999 by the dialogue.

I'm watching Beasts of No Nation right now. Can't really wrap my mind around the guy going to war with his elephant trunk swinging between his legs.

Two eps into Aziz's new series and I'm loving it. There seems to be a Louie like vibe in that it's more real life than it is a yuckfest, but still uniquely Aziz.

Back