• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Episode 6

The state definitely did some tampering, but I'd have to see the full testimony of the nephew's "confession" to see how much was drawn out of him or if he volunteered any info

Finished making s murder, and it kind of reminds me of Serial. Pretty obvious from the beginning that Len had something else going on... Odd that he runs for judge doesn't get it and PD asks him to rep a high profile case? Pretty much did all he could to keep that confession from being suppressed

Not terribly interesting to everyone, but while in the Keys last week I did a tour of cool Bloodline haunts. As portrayed in the show, The Whistle Stop bar is an absolute dump. There are 2 separate locations used for The Rayburn House...one with the pier (The Moorings...amazing and very pricey) and Pierre's (great restaurant with an amazing view).

For nostalgia (not view), also went to the crime-ridden tackle shop.

Can't wait for Season 2. The crew was shooting a few weeks ago.

I watched the first Chelsea Handler documentary - on marriage - last night and thought it was actually pretty damn good.

I was strong though.

birthday boys is pretty good sketch comedy

maybe old news but I had not seen it at all pre-netflix

Not on Netflix but we binged on Season 1 of Bosch over the weekend and it is definitely a solid show. Free to Amazon Prime members.

I had a terrible losing streak with Netflix recently with 2 awful original series and a movie.

If anyone ever says "All the Netflix original series are great" then you only need to say 2 words to refute it: "Love" and "Flaked". I don't know if Will Arnett just has a bad agent that gets him crappy roles, or if Arrested Development was just a perfect meshing of actor and role, one he'd never come close to again. (Note - I'm only talking live action here, Bojack's good). Whatever it is, Flaked is not his triumphant return. Worse than that though, Flaked looks like Arrested Development compared to Love, a show so bad I don't even want to discuss how bad it is. I could only get through about 2-3 episodes of each, so if they have some drastic turn-around after that, I missed it.

Then I saw a movie "Man Up" available that starred Simon Pegg and Lake Bell. These are 2 actors I'm rather fond of so I thought it would be worth a shot. It's not worth a shot. The "com" part of this RomCom was completely absent. Avoid. Again, maybe after 30 minutes it got better, but I couldn't see it through.

"Love" gets better. Not great, but good enough.

"Master of None" is much stronger, but also has missteps in the beginning.

I loved Love, though admittedly it's whiter than snow.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back