• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I'm jealous. I wanted to go to the Durham show but couldn't work it out. Paul F Tompkins is probably my favorite comedian

Mine as well. Bringing My Wife! who has never listened to the show herself and gets annoyed when I listen to it in the shower. She will have no idea what's going on.

Maria Bamford is one of the most talented relatively unknown comics out there. She remains undiscovered due to the real life problems she depicts in her new comedy series for Netflix. Psyched she is finally getting her shot.

This is not funny. But props to her for knowing a lot of funny people and getting them to be on her show.

Going to see the Comedy Bang Bang live show in Chicago tonight. Wanted to brag about it to people who know what it is. I'll report back on how it was if anyone cares.

Nice. Report back if it's a good one because I might try to catch up some of them on the (widow) Howl app

Nice. Report back if it's a good one because I might try to catch up some of them on the (widow) Howl app

Show was great. Treated to Werner Herzog, Big Sue, and John Lennon. Highlights were Big Sue's mini-fridge filled with lube, Werner's and Big Sue's date at the baby restaurant with people dressed up like their parents, and songs from Lennon's new country album. Wife even laughed. Aukerman's opening mentioned all the significant others in the audience dragged their by their partners who would have no idea what was going on, which My Wife! enjoyed.

I just caught the pilot. Really, really promising. Bamford apparently stayed out of the writers' room for it, leaving the script to her writers (led by Mitch Hurwitz). The result is basically a weirder Arrested Development. I'm psyched to see more of this.

We're about 6 eps into Mozart in the Jungle and are really enjoying it. Anyone else watched this?

Agree. I watched the first episode yesterday morning and my half-asleep girlfriend said "what is this garbage? don't make me watch another one". I think I laughed once.

Maria Bamford's stand-up is great, but that show is off the rails, and her two female friends aren't funny.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back