• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Bojack Horseman Season 3 is debuting 7/22. I think S2 was on the shortlist of best 2015 TV seasons (along with, off the top of my head, Mr. Robot's S1 and The Americans' S3). Vox's Todd VanDerWerff compared it to Mad Men, and called it Netflix's best show (later expanding that to one of the best shows on TV).

If you haven't seen it, you should watch it.

Completely agree. That seems like a clip I would find on Google and post as an example of how she's not funny then TAB responds with, "Yeah, that's not a good example of how funny she is. I'll find something else."

She's the nice looking girl at the party who you look forward to getting to talk to and then when you finally do, you try to bail after a few seconds.

Well she is IRL mentally ill, so that isnt really a way off take.

I just appreciate the craft. She does some interesting stuff up there. All 'standup' doesnt always have to be traditionally funny. Check out some of Marc Maron's early stuff, its not really that funny at all, but interesting.

Certainly agree tho that she isnt for everybody, probably more for the NPR crowd. I do agree that the show is terrible.

Oh and also one more vote for broad city, that show is actually funny, not just weird white ppl funny. It takes a while to get used to their sort of unusual beats and cadence but they are great.

Came across a show on Prime over the weekend called Doctor Thorne. Anyone seen it? Thinking we might watch it this week. It's only 4 eps so far.

i blitzed thru bloodline too. i wanted to strangle kevin and thought meg's change at the end was odd.

Raced through Bloodline Season 2 this weekend. Highly recommend.

i blitzed thru bloodline too. i wanted to strangle kevin and thought meg's change at the end was odd.

I watched Season 1, begrudgingly by the end, but enjoyed some of the characters and writing. I recognize the potential of the show (and really liked the first few episodes), but I thought that the pacing/plotting of the first season was realllllllly inconsistent. The Season 1 twist was a bit meh, IMO. Would y'all recommend that I forget my gripes with Season 1 and watch Season 2?

Watched a four part Amazon prime mini-series last night called Doctor Thorne. It's a Victorian era novel adapted by Julian Fellows (Downton). Thought it was great.

Just finished season 2 of The Killing. It's a lot like Twin Peaks without the supernatural stuff or the quirkiness-which is most of what makes Twin Peaks what it is, but The Killing obviously borrows some themes (set in WA, high school girl with "secrets" killed, some of the secrets are pretty similar). Anyway, I like the Killing, and Twin Peaks is still on Netflix too.

You'll get a kick out of these threads:
The Killing - new show on AMC

The Killing (Season 2)

Haha. This was one of my early posts on the first thread.

Just saw last week and watching tonight's. Very good. Hard to believe it took me until the 3rd ep to realize Richmond (Billy Campbell) played Jordan Collier in The 4400, another great show set in Seattle. The multiple angles are fantastic.

The only thing that bothers me is the two suggestions that the lead is hot. Not even close.

Widmore? Awesome.

Good episode. Although it will be annoying if they set up a different potential suspect every week to end the episode. The perp is likely someone who hasn't even been in the show yet.

With respect to the incredible acting job by the parents, I'm pondering the question. If this happened to your kid, how much would you want to know?

So annoying.

Last edited:
I watched Season 1, begrudgingly by the end, but enjoyed some of the characters and writing. I recognize the potential of the show (and really liked the first few episodes), but I thought that the pacing/plotting of the first season was realllllllly inconsistent. The Season 1 twist was a bit meh, IMO. Would y'all recommend that I forget my gripes with Season 1 and watch Season 2?

Season 2 is a small step up from Season 1, but this show squanders so much talent and atmosphere. Yeesh.

I'm only 2 episodes in (out of 8) but I have to laud "Stranger Things." Maybe it resonates with me more than it would for many of you, but I love how it fuses the look and feel and many disparate 80s movies. Some scenes evoke Wes Craven and Stephen King, other scenes bring back Steven Spielberg and John Hughes. Still, it all coalesces nicely so these different tones, like a monster on the prowl, comes naturally with kids trying to hide a specially powered somebody in their closet.

The music is a plus too, both the period appropriate tunes (similar to "The Americans") and the original score.

Hopefully the last 6 episodes don't let me down, but so far, I've been impressed enough to want to spread the word.

Back