• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Wild and Wonder Whites of WV is both the most entertaining and most horrifying thing I've ever seen. Also, first two seasons of Dexter!!!

I watched WWWWV last night and tend to agree. By the end you're a bit conflicted when the gal is trying to get her baby back from CPS. You're sympathetic, and then you realize with the 3 year old yelling "Fuck you!" at the playground that nothing will ever change. They will always be a bunch of losers, with the occasional one escaping to a different state to become less of a loser.

Awesome new things on Watch Instantly:

Raging Bull
The Wizard
BASEketball
Wet Hot American Summer
SPORTS NIGHT

WWWWV was very good. I didn't feel so conflicted at the end, but did realize that they're human beings too. The film reminded me of an HBO special called Thundercars of Indiana, which was hilarious and sad for all of the same reasons as WWWWV. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it on Netflix or anywhere else. If you can, check it out.

I highly recommend The Shape of Things, starring young-looking Paul Rudd and Rachel Weisz, if you're in the mood for a well-done indie movie with a great twist.

Last edited:
The League is now available on Watch Instantly.

As well, so are Sons of Anarchy and Top Gear (cool UK luxury car show).

I believe When We Were Kings was just added to instant streaming also. Highly Recommend.

Also, this is not nearly as helpful as I want it to be, but a couple things that I noticed on instant lately is just how many good Criterion Collection movies are on there, the original Skins, about 100 comedy central presents standups, a ton more standups from Carlin to Eddie Izzard, a lot of David Lynch stuff.

xbox is getting a lot better about showing more diverse stuff, but I still wish it was easier for me to pick a movie without having to go on the site and look around. I never know what I want to watch and I know there are a lot more things on instant that I'd want to watch.

I have such mixed feelings about David Lynch's work. I have seen pretty much all of his movies and am currently getting through Twin Peaks.

I love and hate his work at the same time. He does a lot of good cinematographic stuff, but sometimes the depravity is a little over the top.

After I watched Eraserhead, I thought it sucked. But I continued thinking about it and playing different scenes back in my head and I think I really like it now.

You will at least remain entertained by Lynch's work whether or not you come away hating it or loving it.

In the 90s David Lynch was the fucking man.

Recently watched "Ponyo"...a anime flick. Very good, IMO.

Also watched the 1981 film "Caveman" with Ringo Starr, Shelly Long, etc. Not a very good film, really. But somehow quite fun to watch, if you're in the right mood.

Just watched Wild at Heart. David Lynch sucks on this one. I think the guy has too much ego. Same actors same music. Whatever. The dude has talent but he was too cocky.

Not streaming but I am on the third disc of Twin Peaks. I love it. My wife says the constant music makes her want to shoot herself in the face. Different strokes for different folks I guess

Not streaming but I am on the third disc of Twin Peaks. I love it. My wife says the constant music makes her want to shoot herself in the face. Different strokes for different folks I guess

twin peaks is on streaming. and i absolutely love the theme song

Ip Man was really good.

I also thought Yojimbo was entertaining, but if I hadn't studied abroad in Japan I probably wouldn't have given it the time of day.

Back