• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I'm a little worried that no one has answered my questions about the boobs on the show, leading me to believe there are none and thus it sucks.

I haven't watched any of the show yet, but I know it stars a bunch of kids and Winona Ryder and I doubt at this point she's showing her hooters on a Netflix show, so I'm going to say no.

Lame. Must suck then. I bet she's still got it -- maybe that's the plot twist at the end.

Most of the characters are under age 18. So, no boobs, creepy librarian bro. It is an achievement though. Really outside of GoT the best thing I've seen this year or maybe in a few. I think its easily better than S1 of Mr. Robot.

Agree with the 8 hour vs 10-12 hour story comment. My biggest complaint about a lot of the 1 hour Netflix shows are that 12 eps is just too much for a story arc.

8 was perfect for this one. It feels like a great 6-7 hour movie (the eps arent all 1 hour). Even with that length, you can binge it and it never drags.

1 ep in to Stranger Things and I'm sold. As child of the 80s, this is right in my wheel house. Love how it's stylized like an 80s flick.

anyone watch "all or nothing" on prime? following the arizon cardinal thru the real season. sounds like hard knocks but the games count.

my super conservative buddy texted me on friday: "Not sure what just happened but S3E6 was the worst Bojack I've ever seen. It was like I was watching a different show."

I didn't really understand what he meant at the time, but I just saw it, and lol. It's the same fucking show, just focusing on pro life satire. CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT HIS ISSUE WAS THERE.

anyway, yeah this season has been fantastic so far. princess caroline going on the date with the mouse ("was it when I drank the milk? because if you give me a cookie...") was probably my biggest chortle so far

Last edited:
I feel like there is an article waiting to be written comparing Stranger Things and the Republican convention. Throwback to when America was great (the 80's), lots of sinister types sneaking around the edges (ted Cruz), an ugly monster(duh) , alternative universes(reality star is nominee)...seems like that article needs to be written.

After finishing Stranger Things, I'm happy to say they stuck the landing. Even without the nostalgia, the series still stood on its own for characters you connected to along with exciting action sequences. But man, the nostalgia... in addition to big names like Alien and others previously listed, it brought back memories of movies I haven't even thought about in 3 decades, like Scanners, Altered States and From Beyond. I'm looking forward to reading a thorough breakdown of all the homages.

Trivia - the creators, the Duffer bros, are from Durham.

After finishing Stranger Things, I'm happy to say they stuck the landing. Even without the nostalgia, the series still stood on its own for characters you connected to along with exciting action sequences. But man, the nostalgia... in addition to big names like Alien and others previously listed, it brought back memories of movies I haven't even thought about in 3 decades, like Scanners, Altered States and From Beyond. I'm looking forward to reading a thorough breakdown of all the homages.

Trivia - the creators, the Duffer bros, are from Durham.

Already been done. Not sure I agree with all of the ones listed here, some are a stretch, I defs recognized the under the skin immediately though during viewing. Pretty cool how they cribbed effects from the 70s to 2015.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/stranger-things-film-reference-glossary.html#

Stranger Things is a fun little show, but defs not Mr. Robot good to me. Different strokes, I suppose. I still recommend it.

Edit: the ending was pretty emotional without being cheesy; looking forward to season 2

Last edited:
I loved stranger things...but no talk about poor barb? Felt like that was missing in the last couple of episodes.

Back