• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Just finished Last Chance U

A good watch and felt like it captures the joy/pain of JUCO football life well

We're through the first five episodes of Season 2 of Narcos. I enjoy this show even more with each new ep.

Watched all of Master of None over the weekend. I really enjoyed it and thought it was hilarious.

Fundamentals of Caring is good until Selena Gomez joins the movie. Rudd and Robertson are really good actors.

was digging around Netflix this weekend and found a potential gem in Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. It's a BBC "historical fantasy" and worth a glance. only seven episodes but i have watched only 2.

I really enjoyed the Strange/Norrell mini-series. The book is pretty great too.

Townie only uses crumpled up old treasure maps to navigate

Sloth <3's Townie

goonies-header.png

Srsly tho, Im not a huge guest fan, but if you dont think that Best in Show is funny, you gots problems.

I watched The Sting for the first time the other day. Good shit. Couple of young up and comers in the leads with pretty good chemistry, may have to see if they did anything else together.

I played early music with Joshua Rifkin, who revived interest in the Scott Joplin rags which drove Marvin Hamlisch's soundtrack for the film. We did a Schutz (not Dismal) piece he "discovered." He once caused a Rite of Spring premiere-esque riot at an American Musicological Society meeting when he suggested that Bach composed his choral music with only one singer on a part in mind. People still talk about that shit. Dude fancies himself a very serious important intellectual and scholar and adopted one of those George Plimpton/William F. Buckley affects, and you are not to mention the Joplin.

Whew, that was a random aside. Sorry dudes.

Started Peaky Blinders this week. Only a few eps in but its pretty solid. I've heard it just keeps getting better too.

Peaky Blinders is pretty great. I love the way they incorporate music in the overall production. It's always the right level of intensity and pace to fit the scene.

Peaky Blinders is great.

I love being able to binge watch shows on Netflix but it makes me sad when I do it over a weekend and I have to wait a year for the next season.

High Maintenance is pretty great.

Also, does anybody have a hot take on Vice Principals?

i went back a few pages...anyone else watching the Get Down? it is good

I really enjoy Vice Principals. It's mega uncomfortable at times but it's hilarious. Goggins is amazing.

watched the first few eps, 4 ??, of vice principles last weekend. thought it was fun though unspectacular.

watching the first season of American Crime on netflix. Wife and are I enjoying it even though all of the main characters are loathsome.

Back