• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I wish VP would unleash Danny McBride instead of mostly keeping him locked up in this insecure character so much of the time, but I thoroughly enjoy the show. McBride and Goggins are too awesome not to for me

It has gotten better and better. The anti-Night Of.

This is where I'm at, as well. I've really loved the last few episodes after not being on the fence after the first couple. The 80s homage last week was awesome. I'm still not sure what the show is hoping to accomplish, but it feels less forced as of late.

I wish VP would unleash Danny McBride instead of mostly keeping him locked up in this insecure character so much of the time, but I thoroughly enjoy the show. McBride and Goggins are too awesome not to for me

Wouldn't it just be Eastbound and Down if that happened? Goggins is one of my favorite actors at this point. That dude has pretty incredible range.

Just started Last Chance U on Netflix. Two observations-

-Brittany the academic counselor is a little too into the players. I bet she beds at least 3-4 players a year.
-She would totally get it.

I saw high maintenance on vimeo, are the HBO eps different?

the high maintenance episode with the rat was hilarious.

This is where I'm at, as well. I've really loved the last few episodes after not being on the fence after the first couple. The 80s homage last week was awesome. I'm still not sure what the show is hoping to accomplish, but it feels less forced as of late.

Wouldn't it just be Eastbound and Down if that happened? Goggins is one of my favorite actors at this point. That dude has pretty incredible range.

Thoughts on the last ep? Mind blown

Damages is worth a watch. Season 3 is the least good of the five seasons, but still pretty great. The cast is awesome and the writing is good. Was the show acclaimed or talked about during its run? I don't really remember it.
First two seasons of Damages are some of my favorite TV of all time. The "Do you regret what we did?" scene was so friggin' good. Glenn Close absolutely kills her role on that show. Any scene she has with Byrne is 10/10.

Does The Americans get better? First three eps pretty weak.

Yes. The last two seasons have been two of the best on television in the last decade, in my opinion. I was always kind of hooked, though, and don't remember it being a slow starter, so who knows.

The acting is just so flat, especially Rhys. Also feels pretty episodic.

I'll keep going.

I tried The Americans and loved individual scenes/eps but the overall plot movement just didn't captivate me through 2 seasons and I just quit on it. May try again in a few years. Hard to explain what I thought was missing.

Oh man ur mad men taeks were the hottest of hot.

Back