• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I didn't realize that Doctor Who had moved from Netflix over to Amazon. I finally got to watch the most recent season and was very impressed by just how good it was.

Pretty pumped about "The People vs OJ" finally coming to Netflix. My weekend is set. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Holyyyy crap, the depression episode of You're The Worst. Man, that hit hard.

Pretty pumped about "The People vs OJ" finally coming to Netflix. My weekend is set. :popcorn:

This is my current Netflix project. Sooooo satisfying. The OJ trial is pretty much my favorite event of my lifetime. I mean, it sucks that a couple of people died, but the aftermath is the most zeitgeitiest story I've seen.

Keith Richards: Under the Influence

Outstanding.

This is quite likely more appropriate for the Tunnels, but man oh man, if you want to get white folks worked up about racial issues, get us to perceive some slight against them. We went ballistic against Netflix for the "Dear White People" trailer.

It was hard to even find a neutral article about it. Most everything I found took the perspective that "Racist Netflix series causes massive cancellations" or "Racist users cancel Netflix accounts". This was as neutral as I could find http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/02/dear_white_people_sparks_calls.html

"David Brent: Life on the Road" was heartbreakingly disappointing. I LOVE the UK Office, a top 2 comedy series for me, so I had unreasonably high expectations, despite knowing of the tepid response the movie got when it was released a few months ago. Now, unfortunately, that series has a scar, is tainted. Usually, when some beloved property is revived, the response tends to be "it's only for the hardcore, completist fans" when it's disappointing. This though, I most strongly suggest not watching it to anyone that does hold the UK series in high regard.

It's all just cringe, cringe, cringe then concludes with unearned sappiness. I find myself now far more interested in finding out what Tim, Dawn and Gareth are up to. Ideally I'll never find out because hopefully Gervais will retire these characters.

Been in a horror kick lately. Watched It Follows, The Visit, and The Babadook. Need to check the thread for other reccos.

I thought Babadook was great. In kind of a similar vein (horrible kids) I watched We Need to Talk About Kevin. Pretty depressing and not satisfying at the end.

finished the OJ Made in America doc(s) tonight on watchespn. Pretty good stuff.

A high school friend was roommates with Justin for a couple years at FSU. I hung out at their house a few times but goddamn it was weird knowing who he was.

buckets, thank you for that Rectify recommendation. This is one of the best shows that I've seen.

Not sure if OITNB just went off a cliff or if my TV standards have just gone way up in the last couple years. Season 4 is just terrible.

Back