• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

If you guys/gals are interested in WWII history I finished up the Battle: 360 series recently and thought it was pretty awesome. Deals with the USS Enterprise, only Aircraft Carrier to serve the entire war, and was pretty damn essential to the Allies winning the war. Lots of luck, even more skill it was never sunk. Think its a 10 episode show with each episode around 50 min.

Also, The Fighter is up, and thats a great one. Pretty sure Bale is a crackhead in real life after that performance. Gangs of New York and Mavrick are always great too.

Last edited:
watched Louis CK's Chewed Up on there. Good for an hour of laughing your ass off, assuming you have an open sense of humor.

Am a really big fan of "Digging for the Truth" which used to be on History until the host left for another channel. They only have some of the episodes, but saw one that he was trying to figure out where the Ark of the Covenant ended up.

Am a really big fan of "Digging for the Truth" which used to be on History until the host left for another channel. They only have some of the episodes, but saw one that he was trying to figure out where the Ark of the Covenant ended up.

So where do they think it ended up- Mount Ararat in Turkey?

Just watched Fire In The Sky last night....I liked it.

Based on The Walton Experience, a story about a guy abducted by aliens.

I'll go ahead and endorse "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia" also. It's addictive.

I'm sad that "The Room" isn't streaming (dvd only) because I really wanted to see how horrible this movie is all the way through.

I downloaded that last night and watched it.....it is ABYSMAL....just....painfully so.

I could try to send it to you if you wanna watch the whole thing.

ETA: Try this?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FTUD3U6L

Finally watched "Oldboy" last night. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would. I was surprised it wasn't all that dark for the first 3/4 of the movie.

Also watched "I am Comic" recently. Not bad. Not great, either; but it was enjoyable enough.

So where do they think it ended up- Mount Ararat in Turkey?

The theory is that Noah's Ark ended up on Mt. Ararat and, of course, everyone knows that the Ark of the Covenant is locked away in some government warehouse in DC.

The theory is that Noah's Ark ended up on Mt. Ararat and, of course, everyone knows that the Ark of the Covenant is locked away in some government warehouse in DC.

Duh! For some reason I saw Ark and immediately thought of Noah's Ark. I've heard about that monastery in Ethiopia. I've heard Graham Hancock talk about it. He made a pretty convincing case that that is where it is.

im gonna get my wife to start watching FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS with me. I'm ready to pick up a new show and that seems like a decent one to jump into.

Star Trek TOS, TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise are all on Watch Instantly now.

But no Deep Space Nine. WTF

Man, I completely missed this. Can't wait to watch some old TNG episodes again.

Started watching Sons Of Anarchy on Netflix, and watched all 3 seasons in less than a week....

Fucking AMAZING show....how the hell has it not been nominated for any Emmy's?....show, actors, writing, directing....nothing has been nominated.

Do they not like the controversial stuff that much?

Cannot WAIT for Season 4 to start in a month.

I had been watching Dexter on there, but I had to stop. No way I would not have caught that dude with some well-cast webs.

WEBS. HANDS. PERIOD.

Started watching Sons Of Anarchy on Netflix, and watched all 3 seasons in less than a week....

Fucking AMAZING show....how the hell has it not been nominated for any Emmy's?....show, actors, writing, directing....nothing has been nominated.

Do they not like the controversial stuff that much?

Cannot WAIT for Season 4 to start in a month.

Holy moly. Just finished Season 1. Incredible (much better second half than first IMO). The second to last episode with this song may be one of the more powerful things I've seen on tv.

Am I missing something? Did Netflix recently add the 3rd season to Instant? I checked like a week ago, and the 3rd season wasn't up. I've just been watching S3 on the FX replays they've been showing.

Back