• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

S3 was very good. In some ways it was better than S1. There are countless call backs to other 80s films. Too numerous to list. That horrible Cory Hart album, which I inexplicably still have after nearly 35 years, has gotten as much play the last week as it has since 1985. The best thing about this season and most 80s thing about it perhaps is that they made Winona bangable again like she was in Beetlejuice and Heathers and into the 90s. So many ridiculous lapses in logic outside of the ridiculous plot line too, which are consistent with 80s flicks. Don’t know why people are complaining about Hopper. His character has always been kind of like that. It didn’t seem like a stretch to me.

Yeah I was fine with Hopper's character. However, I didn't like how Steve has gone from likeable jackass to complete goofball.

Started watching The Thick Of It this weekend -- it's pretty good. I need to finish the 2nd series, watch In The Loop, and then complete it. Not totally sure about Iannucci's politics -- he seems pretty centrist and would never survive the great purge -- but he writes some funny shit. The Death of Stalin was one of my favorites last year.

New season of Last Chance U was awesome. Sad ending for my boy coach John Brown though. Dude seemed to have developed a drinking problem.

Love Death Robots has some good ones, but too many of them are empty calorie style over substance or excessively gratuitous cartoon sex and gore

sometimes the style can carry it though -- some very impressive animation

From Stranger Things 3, Maya Hawke, daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman
PeacefulLimpBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

https://gfycat.com/peacefullimpbuzzard-celebhub

PinkKeenEmu-size_restricted.gif

https://gfycat.com/pinkkeenemu-reva-r

I'm 2 episodes in to the new Amazon show The Boys and quite impressed so far. Fun take on the superhero genre in which they're generally all corrupt assholes working for a nefarious entertainment corporation. Will continue.

Finished Stranger Things 3. So much better than 2 - last episode was nearly perfect. Luckily peak Hopper annoyance was in ep 3 or 4. He was fine after that.

Two series recently viewed:

From the "ones of people care" category - Veronica Mars. A much better ending than the crowd sourced movie from a few years ago. While checking IMDB credits, I noticed the episodes had rankings of 9.x until the last one, which was a 6.x (at the time I checked). I wondered what could cause that, then I watched the last episode. I can see why VM fans would be unhappy, for spoilers sake I'll say no more.

Good Omens. I really really enjoyed this, but I'm prone to enjoying Neil Gaiman things. Michael Sheen is someone I suppose I've seen before, based on his credits, but he didn't stick in my memory. He will after this, he stole the show, even from Tennant.

geez, no chance I continue on Too Old to Die Young after half an "episode"

I made it through 2, that's a hard hang.

I heard some freaky shit goes down in ep 8 (8! how do you even get to 8) so I may revisit just that one.

This might be the most masturbatory show of all time. God bless whomever keeps giving Refn money. He is a con man.

Looking up what Too Old to Die Young is I see Amazon has cancelled Patriot, which is a damn shame. Since I still haven't watched the second season I'm partially to blame, but loved the first season so much

Noooooo. I was the ame way. It took me a while to get around to Season 2. It has its moments, but season 1 is a classic.

Two series recently viewed:

From the "ones of people care" category - Veronica Mars. A much better ending than the crowd sourced movie from a few years ago. While checking IMDB credits, I noticed the episodes had rankings of 9.x until the last one, which was a 6.x (at the time I checked). I wondered what could cause that, then I watched the last episode. I can see why VM fans would be unhappy, for spoilers sake I'll say no more.

Good Omens. I really really enjoyed this, but I'm prone to enjoying Neil Gaiman things. Michael Sheen is someone I suppose I've seen before, based on his credits, but he didn't stick in my memory. He will after this, he stole the show, even from Tennant.

Good Omens was fantastic.

Back