• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Just finished the Challenger doc on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Was born in 1986 so obviously learned about it growing up but had no idea of the amount of controversy involved.

Just finished the Challenger doc on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Was born in 1986 so obviously learned about it growing up but had no idea of the amount of controversy involved.

I remember all the stuff about the O-rings as it trickled out, but it obviously is more coherent to me now when presented to me in the doc where they illustrate it much better. I thought where the doc really succeeded was in giving us a look at each of their lives, what they had done up to that point, etc... It was a good tribute to all those who died. Loved the patronizing interview of Resnick by Peter Jennings (maybe it was Tom Brokaw). The whole "What's a pretty girl like you doing being an astronaut?" was really cringeworthy by today's standards. Back then, though, ho hum...

Also watched Enola Holmes last night. Enjoyable fluff. I thought Millie Bobbie Brown and Cavill were both surprisingly perfect for their roles.

Wife and I watched Enola Holmes and agree we liked Brown and Cavill and it was entertaining enough but the constant 4th wall breaking got a little old. I do recognize we aren’t the target demographic

I have to be honest the Chefs Table: BBQ really bothered me that it wasn’t exclusively BBQ.

Oh cool, some guy grills everything that goes on the plate. Save that for Chefs Table: Grilling.

Just watched the first 5 episodes of "The Boys" on Amazon Prime. I'm digging it hard so far.

Prosecuting Evil: The Extraordinary World of Ben Ferencz. Great documentary about the last remaining prosecutor of the Nuremberg Trials and the work in human rights law he's done since.

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery Of Prodigious Bribe To American Regime For Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan

Coming to Prime Oct 23

Started watching a now finished BBC show call Hinterland. It's a Welsh crime show. It's kind of like Broadchurch, but episodic. We've liked the 3 we've watched so far and will keep watching.

Did not care for Ratched, but I’m not really a Ryan Murphy guy. Interesting concept, but felt too much like a second season of AHS Asylum.

From the Haunting on Hill House people. Supposedly based on Turn of the Screw.

The last two episodes of The Mandalorian are still outstanding. Excited for Season 2 at the end of the month.

This is important.

Just finished “The Last Narc” on Amazon. I am a sucker for anything cartel related.

Anyone watched Emily in Paris? It's probably up next and I don't really have any say in the matter.

A little late to it but Ted Lasso on Apple+ is excellent. Its ten 27-minute episodes, which we finished in 7 days so we could cancel the trial. Feel good comedy series of the summer and my wife who doesn't like or know anything about European soccer loved it.

A little late to it but Ted Lasso on Apple+ is excellent. Its ten 27-minute episodes, which we finished in 7 days so we could cancel the trial. Feel good comedy series of the summer and my wife who doesn't like or know anything about European soccer loved it.

Can't believe this show worked, but it did. Really enjoyed it.

thank you Bill! i mentioned this show earlier in this thread to crickets and it is one of my favorites this year. we also did the 7 days cancel deal.

as Bill said, fell good and keeps you smiling the entire 10 episodes.

first season of Lovecraft Country was entertaining, but I couldn't explain to you what actually happened

Back