• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I've been watching Saving Private Ryan on Netflix this week. Holy shit that that movie has some amazing acting. Right down to relatively minor roles, like Nathan Fillion playing the part of the wrong James Ryan from Minnesota, Adam Goldberg playing Mellish, Giovani Ribisi's death scene, even fucking Vin Diesel was great.

yeah, hard to believe that's Fillion. I love him and he's so charismatic but pulling the tears and the "i wanna go home" - far cry from Mal.

Ribisi steals the show in a stacked cast of performers.

Ribisi steals the show in a stacked cast of performers.

just one perfectly set up/executed set piece after another. the whole battle in the french town at the end is probably the worst part of the movie, other than 'tell me i've lived a good life'

I started watching Shadow and Bone on Netflix, 4 episodes in I really like it.

It's based on a young adult book trilogy, so I'm putting a relatively low ceiling on it, but I also have enjoyed it through 4 episodes.

just one perfectly set up/executed set piece after another. the whole battle in the french town at the end is probably the worst part of the movie, other than 'tell me i've lived a good life'

Thin red line is a better war movie, I think, but these performances are amazing. We all know Hanks is a great actor, but these performance are all amazing.

The Mitchells vs. the Machines was pretty good. Cute family story. Great action. The animation was incredible. This and Into the Spiderverse are the two most beautiful animated films I've ever seen. Sony Animation is doing great work.

I enjoyed Without Remorse. It’s what I wanted. I was entertained and didn’t have to think too much.

After watching a bunch of Oscar movies last weekend it was a very nice palate cleanser.

I've been watching Godless over the last several weeks. It did not pull me in like it did with some of you. Some really good central actors, and bad tangential ones. The story is kind of a clusterfuck, but with one episode remaining, I'm pleased that it has kind of pulled all the pieces together and made whatever happens in the finale more emotionally compelling.

Downton Abbey girl has some really nice cans.

Oh, and I also watched White Boy on Netflix the other day. Solid, interesting story that's presented in a concise 80+ minutes. Good interviews too. Recommended for a quick documentary fix.

The Mitchells vs. the Machines was pretty good. Cute family story. Great action. The animation was incredible. This and Into the Spiderverse are the two most beautiful animated films I've ever seen. Sony Animation is doing great work.

watched this with the family the other night and it was a huge hit...my 14 year old even thanked me for picking out that movie to watch (what???). Just a great movie and we all laughed hysterically , especially during the mall scene.

Clearly your 14 year old is trying to tell you something. Heed the advice of the movie and use the next four years wisely.

we caught The Mitchells vs. the Machines over the weekend and I have to agree, we really enjoyed it.

Caught the first episode of Michael Che's new show on HBO Max. Solid stuff, and I'm almost always in the market for 20 - 30 minute comedies. The only problem is that it's tough to watch sketch comedy and not compare it to Chappelle Show, but that's just where the bar has been for nearly two decades.

Some hidden gems on HBO Max with their TCM tie-in. Have watched a couple real oldies on there in the past week with Maltese Falcon (had previously seen it) and Bringing Up Baby (had not). One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Best Years of Our Lives are also on there.

Mare of Easttown on hbo is off to a great start... really like that show and SNL did a pretty funny spoof of it this weekend

Mare of Easttown on hbo is off to a great start... really like that show and SNL did a pretty funny spoof of it this weekend
Haha, every time I've heard this show talked about I assumed they were saying "Mayor of Easttown"

Back