• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

If you had stuck around for the second half of the special, you'd know it wasn't really supposed to be funny. Which is weird, because she's a comic. But I don't know that I'd call it a stand-up comedy special.

Okay, well the first half wasn't particularly interesting or entertaining either. Just a bunch of lame one-liners and tired anecdotes about being a lesbian. Might have been shocking 25 years ago.

I watched the first half of this last night and turned it off. Not funny. I chuckled about twice, barely.

The Ricky Gervais special is great though.

For Nanette, you missed when it started getting interesting. I too found that the comedy barely kept me engaged and I had my finger on the "return to browsing" button once or twice but I stuck it out. Eventually, around halfway through, it takes a whole different turn that I became very engaged with. YMMV.

Note - this was composed before the exchange with RSF but I had to walk away before hitting "post reply". Posting anyway despite not adding anything new.

Okay. I can find 30 minutes to watch the rest. Pretty sure my wife is out though. "You have to stay awake through the first half of the show to get to the good part," isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, but I guess I've already seen the crap part.

My wife and I watched it a couple of nights ago and thought it was great. Not really a comedy show, but used the observational humor skills of comedy to deconstruct comedy and her own story really effectively.

New season of Last Chance U out now. Following a new school this year. The QB is yet another former FSU player.

I'm watching "Absentia" on Prime right now. It's OK, not great, but lots of crazy stuff and twists and such. I'm 8 eps down out of 10, so I have to finish it, probably tonight when the Mrs. goes to bed.

eta- reading the reviews on AVS and other sites, this is apparently one of the worst series ever on Prime. LOL, I'm a sucker for a serial killer, though.

Last edited:
Damn Last Chance U is so so good.

Also a recap episode about people from the first 2 seasons.

Yes I blew through the whole new season of Last Chance U the last few days while traveling. I didn't think they'd be able to find a coach who is more insane than Buddy Stephens, but I think they may have.

i just started watching Luther. i like it so far...sort of Sherlock inspired.

I watched the first two episodes of "Who Is America" last night on Amazon-Showtime. It was ten times crazier than I expected. Some of the bits fall flat, but the ones you've heard about are insane.

I watched the first two episodes of "Who Is America" last night on Amazon-Showtime. It was ten times crazier than I expected. Some of the bits fall flat, but the ones you've heard about are insane.

I've just never really liked Cohen in anything but Borat. Ali G had some good bits, but for me it was more miss than hit. I couldn't even finish the other two movies.

I've just never really liked Cohen in anything but Borat. Ali G had some good bits, but for me it was more miss than hit. I couldn't even finish the other two movies.

I mean, Da Ali G Show was pretty innovative for that time. I had never really seen anything like that at that time.

Back