• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

wife and I recently watched season 1 of Man in the High Castle- liked it fine but expected to really love it. We also finished Bosch season 1 and thought it was really good.

I imagine a show about the US being taken over by Nazis seems quaint nowadays.

It sad all the rubes would be part of the final solution through their extermination.

Finished my rewatch/watch of Arrested Development

Seasons 1 & 2 - A+......stone cold classic comedy
Season 3 - A-.......just a slight step below the first two seasons but it's still excellent stuff
Season 4 - D......unbelievable how they could have gotten so many funny actors and turned out such a turd of a season of TV; seemed the writers were more interested in trying to craft a ridiculous plot that never comes together in any kind of satisfying way than to just be funny
Season 5 - B-.....much better than 4 and it gets back to trying to spend time being funny rather than doing plot things, but still not 1-3 level good. Very short and ends abruptly, and if there are never any more episodes kind of a strange way to leave it

Probably should have just left well enough alone back in 2013 and never made any more episodes if they can't get the actors committed to be together

there are 8 more episodes in season 5, and I believe they are already filmed but the release date has not been announced

I enjoyed the first half of AD season five. Went back to some classic jokes but not in an annoying star wars kind of way. Miles better than the terrible season four. Definitely worth a watch.

recall trying to watch season 4 and making it 2 eps or so. Can I skip and watch 5.

After having watched it I'd say you shouldn't waste your time. The Ron Howard recaps should probably give you enough of the plot happenings that are referenced, but it was so unnecessarily convoluted you might get a little bit lost as to what they're talking about once or twice

recall trying to watch season 4 and making it 2 eps or so. Can I skip and watch 5.
Yeah, like others have said the Season Four plot was really convoluted anyways, so I was still confused a couple of times even though I watched it when it came out. Just skip it.

Ozark Season 2 to premier August 31.

(Was there a separate Ozark thread?)

Really liked "For the Love of Spock" on Netflix....a documentary about Nimoy's life produced by his son. You don't need to be a Star Trek fan to enjoy it, it's just a great story. He had more roles that I realized and was a very intelligent man.

Really liked "For the Love of Spock" on Netflix....a documentary about Nimoy's life produced by his son. You don't need to be a Star Trek fan to enjoy it, it's just a great story. He had more roles that I realized and was a very intelligent man.

Weird. The episode of Big Bang where Will Wheaton brought the son to interview Sheldon for this film was on the other day. Going to add to my watchlist.

A Very English Scandal on the Amazon got a good review in this weeks Wallt Street and was a fun one. Hugh Grant stars. 3 eps each just under an hour.

Back