• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I watched the first three episodes of "Crime Scene: Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel" last night. I remembered the video from 2013 and how fucking creepy it was. I had no idea that the hotel's history was even creepier. This is the same hotel that American Horror Story: Hotel was inspired by, and they built the set of the lobby in the show identical to the real-life lobby. I thought that was pretty cool to see. Multiple serial killers used the Cecil as their home base and thousands of crimes and deaths have taken place there. It's a very interesting watch.

Will be starting this over the weekend. We watched the trailer and my wife immediately remembered that video, but we couldn't figure out where we saw it before.

Finally finished season 3 of Ozark last night. We had watched the first 5 episodes of season 3 when they came out and lost interest because the show is a mess. Came back to it to at least finish it off... Back half of the season was also a complete mess, but much more fun. The characters are still good. Their motivations are sometimes completely random, but it makes for an entertaining show (most of the time).

Landry killing that dude in season 2 of Friday Night Lights is an example of a ridiculously absurd plot line out of a great TV show. Yet Jesse Plemons is excellent at playing cold heartless villains with a hint of charm.

Judas and the Black Messiah was excellent. Kaluuya, Stanfield, and Plemons were fantastic.

I watched the first three episodes of "Crime Scene: Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel" last night. I remembered the video from 2013 and how fucking creepy it was. I had no idea that the hotel's history was even creepier. This is the same hotel that American Horror Story: Hotel was inspired by, and they built the set of the lobby in the show identical to the real-life lobby. I thought that was pretty cool to see. Multiple serial killers used the Cecil as their home base and thousands of crimes and deaths have taken place there. It's a very interesting watch.

I blew through this and came away thinking it could've been an episode shorter. They waste so much time on all the internet sleuths, but I guess that ultimately ends up being the point of the series-- to debunk a lot of the shit they were throwing out there.

It was such a weird case on the surface, but in the end it made sense.

I’m still not sure I “get” Letterkenny but I am very supportive of their casting of female characters.

I just got through season 1 and am enjoying it. The lead Keeso is great at physical comedy, and yeah, his sis and Bonnie are hot. The subtitles also help.

Just stopped by to throw out a thank you for recommending The Expanse. Probably helps to be predisposed to Sci Fi stuff, but I just wrapped up Devs and now the Expanse as a follow-up. Very different, but both are great.

Highly recommend Calibre on Netflix. Indie British thriller -- saw it described as the British Deliverance, which make sense because it is less rednecky and a little more refined.

Thanks for this rec! Enjoyed it a lot and was fun to debate a little bit after the movie. Also, just watched The Gift w/Jason Bateman. I can't believe I missed this as I really enjoy his movies. Nice twists!

Thanks for this rec! Enjoyed it a lot and was fun to debate a little bit after the movie. Also, just watched The Gift w/Jason Bateman. I can't believe I missed this as I really enjoy his movies. Nice twists!

I just watched the trailer to remind me about the plot, it was a great movie. I need to rewatch it. I also had no idea it was a Blumhouse movie. I usually don't enjoy movies from that studio.

I just looked up some of the other Blumhouse movies, and I have only seen a few. Get Out & The Hunt were both excellent. I saw the Purge and it was what it was - entertaining. Anyone have other recs from Blumhouse??

Just finished Your Honor. I thought it was enjoyable but nothing groundbreaking or exceptional. Some of the writing was very questionable. I wish they tied up some more of the plot lines at the end.

Been watching the Night Stalker doc on Netflix. It's extremely graphic, but the LA in the 80s vibe keeps me interested.

Trying to get my wife to start Lupin with me.

Been watching the Night Stalker doc on Netflix. It's extremely graphic, but the LA in the 80s vibe keeps me interested.

Good first episode. I can't believe the bullet deflected off that one girl's keys, and then she was collected enough when they ran into each other later to say, "You already shot me once, do you really have to shoot me again?" And he just casually lowered his gun and walked away. Wild. An ultimate "Not today."

Last edited:
We're 5 eps into S1 of The Sinner based on the recs on this thread. Might take a break before jumping into S2, but I'm digging the show so far.

If you liked my name is earl or community give Greg Garcia's the guest book a shot. Its about a cabin, the guest of the week that stays there, with recurring characters from town.

Last edited:
We watched the first episode of Your Honor and Firefly Lane. Liked Your Honor and it has an interesting premise, but Firefly was too "ordinary". We also watched Lupin - I liked it, but my wife was not a fan. I'll finish Lupin and she can finish Firefly! Which probably means we will see neither again....

I watched all six episodes of Behind Her Eyes tonight. After two episodes I still didn't even know what the show was about. I won't say much but I think it was worth the ride.

Starting schitts creek and currently at the beginning of season 2. Hard to say what my favorite part is but it might be Moira’s absurd accent and pronunciation of random words. Pretty sure Catherine O’Hara must be making up the accent as she goes which makes it funnier.

Back