• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Coming 2 America was not good. Eddie and Arsenio were pretty good, but too much other stuff that wasn't.

this is where i ended up. i enjoyed seeing the old jokes come back but a lot of the new stuff was just meh.

We are through 5 of 7 Godless episodes. It is so good. Not sure how I missed it when it first came out.

Also, semi-related, interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about how we're about to see a ton of Westerns because they are easy/cheap to shoot in a COVID-19 world. Some of these projects should be pretty high profile.

Finally, does anyone watch Yellowstone? Was thinking of starting that next... Heard the 1st season was just OK, but that it takes off from there.

i am a fan of yellowstone. it is definitely worth a look...just the views are worth it.

i am a fan of yellowstone. it is definitely worth a look...just the views are worth it.

Yellowstone is great. First season is good too, but you have to get past the first few eps with the character development. Costner's daughter in particular is a hard sell because she is so over the top. But then you learn to enjoy her scenes and trying to guess how she is going to fuck somebody over. The whole thing is pretty crazy. Like 80s schmaltzy Dynasty soap opera mixed with Sopranos, and I really thought the finale this last season was ridiculous even in a show full of ridiculousness, but it's a fun slog and Costner is not merely tolerable (I normally despise him), but perfect for the role. S4 should be a hoot.

Edited to add that the first season is pretty much devoid of humor, which might be another reason it suffers a bit. My wife said she always felt a sense of constant impending doom or dread in S1. There is a bit more comic relief in the next few seasons.

We are through 5 of 7 Godless episodes. It is so good. Not sure how I missed it when it first came out.

Also, semi-related, interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about how we're about to see a ton of Westerns because they are easy/cheap to shoot in a COVID-19 world. Some of these projects should be pretty high profile.

Finally, does anyone watch Yellowstone? Was thinking of starting that next... Heard the 1st season was just OK, but that it takes off from there.

Good to read you have enjoyed Godless.

I have watched Yellowstone since it started. One of the few shows I follow. Never miss it. Enjoyable. It has similarities to the Soprano's. Underdog 1% vs. Villainous 1%, quite a premise to base a plot on.

Murder Among The Mormons was solid. Only 3 eps, so you can go through the whole thing in a single night. And because of that, you don't feel like there is any wasted time. Lots of good contemporary footage from the incidents and investigations too. And because they interview a bunch of Mormons, the language isn't salty at all if you're offended by such things.

Yellowstone...it's compelling TV, but not good TV.

Good to read you have enjoyed Godless.

I have watched Yellowstone since it started. One of the few shows I follow. Never miss it. Enjoyable. It has similarities to the Soprano's. Underdog 1% vs. Villainous 1%, quite a premise to base a plot on.

We watched about 20 minutes of the Godless finale last night. I'm not sure I want to watch the rest. It's probably going to be sad. Or they'll fuck up the ending. Neither scenario is what I want. It is so good right where we stopped it last night (Roy & Bill crossing paths where all of the Quicksilver security guys took the horses).

We watched about 20 minutes of the Godless finale last night. I'm not sure I want to watch the rest. It's probably going to be sad. Or they'll fuck up the ending. Neither scenario is what I want. It is so good right where we stopped it last night (Roy & Bill crossing paths where all of the Quicksilver security guys took the horses).

Bittersweet finish but the end is calming. They stuck the landing.

Lame they deleted the Fireplace videos. Most of my tv watching time was spent on those

Seven years late but knocked out The Knick the past two weeks as a new arrival to HBOMax. Good show and a 3rd season should be filming soon

Yellowstone is great. First season is good too, but you have to get past the first few eps with the character development. Costner's daughter in particular is a hard sell because she is so over the top. But then you learn to enjoy her scenes and trying to guess how she is going to fuck somebody over. The whole thing is pretty crazy. Like 80s schmaltzy Dynasty soap opera mixed with Sopranos, and I really thought the finale this last season was ridiculous even in a show full of ridiculousness, but it's a fun slog and Costner is not merely tolerable (I normally despise him), but perfect for the role. S4 should be a hoot.

Edited to add that the first season is pretty much devoid of humor, which might be another reason it suffers a bit. My wife said she always felt a sense of constant impending doom or dread in S1. There is a bit more comic relief in the next few seasons.

I'm a Costner fan and bought the Peacock from this thread. watching the 4th episode now, but this show fucking delivers.

Drive to Survive season 3 releases on Friday. The first two seasons have been very good, but this season has the added bonus of showing how to attempt an international sporting league during a pandemic. They have gotten good access to most of the teams in the past, so I'm definitely looking forward to this season.

Back