• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

If you're into the art of film, I've been enjoying "The Story of Film" documentary series. Takes a bit to get used narrator's lilting Irish, but overall it's very interesting.

Watched "Deep Water" last night about this guy who is one of 9 men in 1968 taking part in a non-stop around the world sailing experience. Pretty fascinating.

Watched "Deep Water" last night about this guy who is one of 9 men in 1968 taking part in a non-stop around the world sailing experience. Pretty fascinating.

He had no sailing experience whatsoever.

Definitely recommend this!

May have already been mentioned, but Four Lions is good. It's a little unsettling, especially since the Boston Marathon bombing, but it's well written.

Top of the Lake is really good. It stars Peggy from Mad Men as an Aussie/Kiwi investigator in rural NZ. Amazing landscapes and cinematography, slow deliberate pace, and crazy accents.

Plus it's only 7 episodes, so it's not a huge time sink.

That's a huge deal for Netflix. That model has a lot of promise.

Dreamworks must think Turbo will be huge if they already announced a TV show.

That's a huge deal for Netflix. That model has a lot of promise.

Dreamworks must think Turbo will be huge if they already announced a TV show.

Or they are hedging their bets since they have already paid for the character design, concepts, animation, etc.

True. Dreamworks does that more than the other big animation studios though.

Caught the first few episodes of The Good Guys this weekend. It's pretty good for a show that got cancelled so quickly.

Just watched the BBC series 'The Fall' starring Gillian Anderson(Agent Scully from the X-Files). Gillian plays a Homicide Detective attempting to solve a serial killer case in Belfast. The first season was only 5 episodes so it moves quickly. But be forewarned that due to cast commitments the 2nd season will not air until the end of 2014.

Here's some background on the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_%28TV_series%29

Is the entire Doctor Who on Netflix?

Watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi last night, great rec!

I think someone on here may have recommended the Inbetweeners, but I started watching that some last week, and it's pretty hilarious.

I think someone on here may have recommended the Inbetweeners, but I started watching that some last week, and it's pretty hilarious.

Your boy buckets! I found it really funny

The series is pretty darn funny but I just watched the grand finale movie(they all graduate and go on holiday) which was just added by Netflix and it kind of sucked.

Watched Death Race 2000 for the first time in 25+ years great flick from the early 70s depicting the year 2000 and a National race across country where you run over as many people along the way. One of Sly Stalone's first movies, and a great boobie movie for an 8 year old to watch on this new channel called "HBO" some years back.

Back