• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I thought Flint Town was very well made and covers a lot of ground in just 8 episodes. Some echos of The Wire in focusing on different areas of the story: policing on limited budgets, politics of the equation, tactics used to fight high levels of violent crime, community interactions, and personal stories of the officers. Could have done with a little less focus on the two cops who are a couple, but other than that no real complaints. The doc didn't really have an overarching theme, but the variety of topics covered I found to be compelling.

I'm ten episodes in to Lost in Space and it is pretty good TV. My kids love it, and my wife and I actually like it too as we are watching it all together. Its pretty good sci-fi, science and teamwork saves the day type stuff but very watchable.

I started watching "The Magicians" after really enjoying the book trilogy. I was pretty skeptical given that it airs on Syfy (first 3 seasons are on Netflix), but have been surprised with the grit they can get away with. I guess the most common review I see is it's a darker Harry Potter for adults.

Last edited:
For those with Amazon Prime, What We Do in the Shadows is funny stuff.

Last edited:
I'm sure Peaky Blinders has been covered, but it's outstanding. So many great characters...

For those with Amazon Prime, What We Do in the Shadows is funny stuff.

yes, this is a number of years old now but really funny. if you like this check out eagle and shark by the same director.

I liked the new Lost in Space series. Dr. Smith might eventually get annoying as the show goes on. Anyway I liked it better than the original series the movie version.

I had someone recommend “El Ministerio del Tiempo” for me. It’s a good science fiction time travel show. Gives you a chance to brush up on your Spanish language and history as well.

My wife has been watching "The Let Down" and I started half watching and then full watching because it is pretty damn funny. Parents with new babies might want to avoid because it hits home too hard but parents whose kids are no longer infants and can look back and laugh about just how damn hard it was to bring home an infant. I actually watched more of this last night then I did the NFL draft.

My wife has been watching "The Let Down" and I started half watching and then full watching because it is pretty damn funny. Parents with new babies might want to avoid because it hits home too hard but parents whose kids are no longer infants and can look back and laugh about just how damn hard it was to bring home an infant. I actually watched more of this last night then I did the NFL draft.

Good call. Just started it with my wife and she likes it.

Just started? She’d say you’ve been “The Let Down” for years.

(I had to take it)

I was at the Boston stop for the Kid Gorgeous tour. It's really good stuff.

yeah he came here and idk why I didn't get tickets, but I didn't and it sold out. hopefully he comes back since I just read an interview with him on the AV Club and sounds like he really enjoys touring (and making specials).

I liked Mulaney's cameo in Pete Holmes' show where he acts like a total dick to Pete because I think they're such good friends

How do you watch the new Cobra Kai? I have YouTube red and I don’t see it. I thought it came out today.

i don't think i've ever met someone who has youtube red

can you host an ama pls

Anyone else watch "The Rachel Divide"?

Back