• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Waco on Netflix is very good. Remembered the basics but this show fills in a lot of details and shows just how bad the feds screwed up on that one.

Waco on Netflix is very good. Remembered the basics but this show fills in a lot of details and shows just how bad the feds screwed up on that one.

we liked it a lot but wished there was more background info on the cult -- how they came to get such a following, what was the deal with purchasing zillions of guns, etc. it was mostly just focused on the event itself.

we liked it a lot but wished there was more background info on the cult -- how they came to get such a following, what was the deal with purchasing zillions of guns, etc. it was mostly just focused on the event itself.

I had the same thought- I read a little about Karesh afterwards and how he rose to power in the branch davidians would be a great idea for an 8 or 10 episode show as well. My favorite part? Karesh joined the sect(he was early to mid 20's at the time) and started rising in power and had an affair with the sect leader's wife who was in her LATE 60'S!!!!! He wanted to have a child with her and the child would be the chosen one- obviously that didn't happen. Leader finds out and challenges Keresh to a raising a dead body challenge because , you know, of course! Keresh finds out that the leader cheats in the contest and just had a body exhumed and Karesh goes to the cops to report him. Cops say you need evidence and Karesh and a couple of his followers sneak into compound (they had been banished by this point) with guns to find evidence of the exhumation. A gun fight breaks out and the sect leader gets shot. Karesh and his followers are arrested for attempted murder but are found not guilty (Karesh trial ends in mistrial.) . I mean, I would watch a 10 episodes of that season in a hearbeat!

Anyone else checked out Space Force? We're a handful of eps in and so far it's just okay. I had really high hopes and I'm still hoping it gets better, but I fear that I'm in for disappointment.

Anyone else checked out Space Force? We're a handful of eps in and so far it's just okay. I had really high hopes and I'm still hoping it gets better, but I fear that I'm in for disappointment.

we watched the first one and with so many good people is was very meh.

will try again though...a lot of talent in the show. i don't get it

after 1 ep I wanted to watch a few more since sitcoms are notoriously slow getting started, but wife was out. from what I've read about the development Netflix and Steve Carrel just thought a show called Space Force would be inherently funny and went from there.

I thought the dog/chimp ep was funny, but that's about it so far. I'm about halfway through and mostly meh.

We watched like two episodes of space force and it was amusing but not really that funny. Switched over to Dead To Me which is pretty good so far. The MIL was immediately familiar to me as the pretentious accountant to whom George tells the whole truth in a breakup talk.

I found Unorthodox fascinating, and because I liked it Netflix recommended Shtisel which I am also enjoying

Session 9 is on Netflix. It's still pretty fun, though it's wild how far the thriller/horror genre has come in the last decade.

Back